Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Why do i have to turn off my computer twice? (Solved)

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I'll "Shut down" my PC (windows 7) and it will do all the shutting down things and then power off completely. But then a few seconds later it turns back on and boot again. If I "shut down" again after this it will stay off.

This is different than just "restarting" which never powers off

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange. I originally thought it could be a power options issue, but I remembered this. Don't know if it'll fix it (or even relevant to your system), but worth a try. Go in to Device manager and the properties of your network card and there's an option to untick that allows the card to wake the computer.

Capture.JPG

• 1 year later...
  • Hash Fellow

I never really solved this problem and lived with it until recently when I replaced my OS drive with an SSD which made the problem worse. The computer could never stay in sleep mode. It would wake back up after a minute no mater how many times I tried to put it in sleep mode.

Obviously something about this SSD was a problem. A hardware forum discussion about it led me to a command line command...

powercfg lastwake

This will tell you what the last thing was to wake the computer and in this case it was a utility the SSD installed. Killing that has ended teh sleep problem.

I suppose if I put my old hard drive back in I could do the same command and find out what was waking it there too.