Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

rotoscopes

tomross2002

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Hi, everybody. new forum user here. I am having trouble bringing an avi into my chor. as a camera rotoscope. some avi will work such as video that I have created with AM but video from my camera won't show up or render... any suggestions?

First... do you need to keep sound with it or do you just need the video?

Welcome to the forum!!!

It is best to use a sequence if you can like Xtaz suggested. (Right click on "Images" folder in the project workspace and choose import sequence) Choose new rotoscope and select the sequence.

If you need to have audio, you can import it separately with a few easy steps.

To make an image sequence I normally utilize Quicktime Pro. You can import your video into QT pro and export sequence. To get the audio, you can export "audio only" as a separate file. Just bring both files into Hash and into your project.

Don't give up as this is a very friendly process with Hash.

Cool thing about image sequences is that you can use them in your camera also if you ever want to blend CG with live video. Awesome for skies/backgrounds/ etc.

Again...welcome.

I have done a few of these and 'detbear' has what I do QT Pro, save as tga. image seq.

When you import your image sequence just click the first in the sequence and all the rest will go with it.

then in your Chor. on the camera ....Import, Rotoscope and choose the file

BAM

There it is.

At least that how it works for me.

As for sound , I have no clue...never tried that yet!

• Hash Fellow

If you don't have QuickTime Pro already, try loading the AVI into the regular QuickTime Player just to see if it can play it. If it can't then it's in some weird codec and Quicktime Pro won't be able to read it either.

But QuickTime Pro is generally the usual suspect for converting video to image sequences.