Hash, Inc. Forums

Model bone-rigging- walking issue

Sean delgatto

I've always made walking cycles and added them to the model then move the model bone around and tried to get the walking pace to match, which usually sucks. I would like to however have the model bone move with the hips so when I move the hips forward, though the walk cycle (while in choreography not through action) the model bone follows along without scooting the whole model along. Otherwise the model bone just lags away as I walk the model further and further away. Im sure walk cycles are nice but they look artificial and when a character walks , say up a hill or across rocky surfaces it doesn't look good.

See below, I walked the character forward but when I click on choreography mode as oppse to Skeletal mode you can see the model bone is no longer center.

This might be a stupid question, but doing a walk this way looks smooth and fantastic and would rather deal with it than have to use walk cycles.

post-9110-1325025830_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...