Hash, Inc. Forums

Studio 45 tutorials

livewiresrus

• Admin

I'm aware of them but by the time I thought to purchase they were taken off the market (except for the safeharbour deal which at one time was bundled with A:M (?). I'm not sure they are even still available via Safe Harbour but it does look that way.

From what I remember they are well worth looking into but will be slightly outdated.

They were from somewhere around the v8 timeframe, so, over ten years old and the author had hoped to produce more of the same.

I can't recall but the author of the tutorials may work for Safe Harbour.

That was a theory I never got around to looking into.

I have the one for character design...I learned a few things from it. I can't comment on the others though.

DO you know what version they were working in?

I E mailed them and they were not much help,they gave me a link to them ,which I knew already and said they were unsure how old they were ,I said too bad I might have bought them If i knew.

• Admin

What was the general quality of videos on CDs ten years ago?

As far as the Studio 45 tutorials go I do not recall them receiving any quality related complaints.

They were no doubt standard quality at that ten year old vintage.

If my historical sense is correct, back then Sorensen compression for video was all the rage.

They were using the 2002 version of A:M in the Character Design tutorial...v10, I think.

I have never heard of these tutorials. Is there a link to an example of their AM tutorials anywhere. I dont care which version but I need to see the quality of the tutorials.

The video is 400x286 (Quicktime RLE compression) for the computer screen capture and 320x240 (Sorenson compression) for live camera capture. The Character Design tutorial is mostly live hand-drawn images recorded by an overhead camera, but there is a short section on preparing the rotoscopes in Photoshop and A:M.

Hope that helps.

They were using the 2002 version of A:M in the Character Design tutorial...v10, I think.

I have never heard of these tutorials. Is there a link to an example of their AM tutorials anywhere. I dont care which version but I need to see the quality of the tutorials.

The video is 400x286 (Quicktime RLE compression) for the computer screen capture and 320x240 (Sorenson compression) for live camera capture. The Character Design tutorial is mostly live hand-drawn images recorded by an overhead camera, but there is a short section on preparing the rotoscopes in Photoshop and A:M.

Hope that helps.

Yes it does thanks