Hash is 25 years old then, yes.

Have a look at the wiki-entry for Animation:Master:

Wiki: Animation:Master

See you

*Fuchur*

Had a look there...

"Version 10 (2003) Soft-body Dynamics..."

What's that supposed to mean? :huh:

I think they are talking about Cloth there, not real Soft-body Dynamics. Cloth has been used to simulate such things, but it is really not the same thing...

See you

*Fuchur*

Had a look there...

"Version 10 (2003) Soft-body Dynamics..."

What's that supposed to mean?

I think they are talking about Cloth there, not real Soft-body Dynamics. Cloth has been used to simulate such things, but it is really not the same thing...

That may be referring to the old "spring" system which no longer exists. It had "cloth" settings, and could have been used for other things as well. It worked by associating springs and bones. I never really played with it all that much as it was quite complicated, but the cloth settings worked well enough.

Here's Thom as a young butterfly with "spring" type cloth

ButterDude.gif

• Hash Fellow

There are still spring tools in the interface I dont' know if they still work, but there's a "Dynamics Mode" button sitting between the Chor and Skel buttons.

I never used it for anything but cloth and never got far with that. Current cloth is WAY more useful.

There are still spring tools in the interface I dont' know if they still work, but there's a "Dynamics Mode" button sitting between the Chor and Skel buttons.

In my TechRef (hard copy - real bound book) there is a description of soft body dynamics which describes the "Spring System" (p 181-185). A spring system is created by rt clicking (in chor or action) and choosing new/spring system (consists of springs and masses), of which somehow one constrains a mass to a bone and the bones to springs (use the construction tools that show when in Spring mode). I can create masses, I do not seem to be able to create springs. It also goes on to say "One can also create a spring system by using the Cloth Wizard " (do not think this still exists?).

In tech ref - also says "springs/masses" can supply secondary motion to ...pony tails, jowl skin, ear rings, ear lobes, tubby bellies, etc.

I would say this system has been superceded by both SIMCLOTH and dynamic constraints - both are much more straight forward to use.

Haven't dynamic constraints been reality for a pretty long time by now?

We use them since I ever can remember..

What I was thinking about:

Is it possible, to simulate a "bouncing ball" instead of animating it? Maybe with those kinds of dynamics you're talkink of ?(We have used springsystems somewhen, but...)

I don't think so, am I wrong?!

As I dont want to hijack, I'll post a new thread about this.

See ya -> here.

Concerning the actual topic:

Every Birthday of A:M is great!

Look at it - it has gone such a long way - hardly any one today can even really tell, if it already is a community project solely in speaking of software develpoment? It's still making its steps year after year and keeps being the most intuitive animation software ever created on the planet by genious minds, speaking pathetically, but that's how it is. Thanks to Martin and his crew. Greetz to you if you read by!

So let's hope it stays this way for at least 25 more years! :D

• Hash Fellow
hardly any one today can even really tell, if it already is a community project solely in speaking of software develpoment?

Someone said "It's like open source software now, but without the open and without the source" :D

hardly any one today can even really tell, if it already is a community project solely in speaking of software develpoment?

Someone said "It's like open source software now, but without the open and without the source" :D

I edited my post and gave credit to the "Sourcerer"! :D