Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

working with same constraint always

Xtaz

Hi friends ....

I developed a rig to use with BVH motion. For each bvh I have to setup the same constraint to the same bones to the same links(bvh "bones").

Since the name of the bones are the same (my own rig) and also the links(bones) of the BVH are the same(name). Is there a way to export these instructions of constraints and then import them into a new action, using the same rig with a different BVH (diferent movements but with the same "links" (names)).

Do I made myself clear?

I attached the rig represented by solid structures

Bones_to_bvh.mov

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can create an ON/OFF pose with the BVH constraint setup. Then when you create a new action, turn ON the pose, "show more than drivers" and open the bones folder of your model (under the action). You will now see a new folder for action objects, which contains the BVH rig, there you can capture the sequence.

You can also just create and save an action with the setup (do not capture sequence). Then when you want to capture the sequence, open the action with your model, capture the sequence, then "SAVE AS" new action. Don't override the original setup action.

Is the BVH an object in the Objects folder before you put it in your Action?

Yes it is ... but instead bones it has some kind of inaccessible links to nulls

bvh_.jpg

You can also just create and save an action with the setup (do not capture sequence). Then when you want to capture the sequence, open the action with your model, capture the sequence, then "SAVE AS" new action. Don't override the original setup action.

Clever solution ... Thanks Mark