Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Realistic girl character

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

She's looking great Gerald.

My focus fairly quickly went to her eyes (which is a good thing) and I think some refinement there will pay off for you. Adjusting the harsher contrast and black lines (perhaps layering over some additional color should help. Looking at the still image here pupils seem to me to be more animal like than human but that might be an effect of the angle of render?

I believe you already know what I'm talking about here but I can circle/indicate more specific areas as necessary.

If this were going to be maintained as a lower quality render I'd say most of these details won't be seen and so I'd suggest focusing on the over all shape of the hair... perhaps getting some more natural curvature into the hair.

She reminds me of a lady I arrested that looked 45 years old but her ID revealed she was only 28. She had seen better days...

Hi guys,

thank you very much for your comments and critics. I highly appreciate them :).

I now realigned the texture for the cheeks to make it less distorted and I realigned the texture of the nose a little bit.

But the more noticeable difference to the first version is the hair. I increased the density, made a transparency-gradient and made it much thinner while aligning the dynamic options. Additional I gave it a litle bit of curl.

I think it looks much more lifelike now. Next tests will be about the eyes and of course the teeth... have to see what I can do there...

The bad thing: Rendertimes have massivly gone up with that...

I'll have to check what I can do with FastAO to get them down...

See you

*Fuchur*

lany_extended_2_preview.jpg

• Admin

Nice update. I like the change you've made in the hair.

She's looking better, more relaxed even.

I believe I've seen less 'real' looking people in real life!

I may be beginning to understand what is playing with my own senses and that is probably the sharp angles and straighter lines throughout. If trying to play up her feminine attributes you may want to soften her up. It's that 'straights versus curves' thing where you give the composition room to breath but not at the expense of contrast. That may be what is making her look a bit aged also. (I'm not sure what age you are targeting for her)

I plan to study your rendering more just to learn more about this stuff!

Added: Here's a quick manipulation of the softness of her skin and removal of some wrinkles (makeup I guess you could say). I didn't change the silhouette of her face as that seems to define her but a few refined angles there would further soften her as well.

facesoftening.mov

Looks really impressive, especially the texturing.

In the video, the ears were slightly visible beneath the hair. I think the ears were a bit too high. Looking straight at the front of the character, the top of the ears should line up around the eyes or eyebrows, and the bottoms of the ear between the bottom of the nose and the mouth.

Looking forward to more!

While the texture is very realistic, the shape of her head is somewhat odd: The lower lip smaller than the upper lip, which is rare. The mouth is rahter wide, as is the bridge of her nose. Her philtrum is missing. The eyes are too far apart. The chin is to pointy and her cheekbones are to exaggerated. Other than that, it*s a great start.

Norbert

While the texture is very realistic, the shape of her head is somewhat odd: The lower lip smaller than the upper lip, which is rare. The mouth is rahter wide, as is the bridge of her nose. Her philtrum is missing. The eyes are too far apart. The chin is to pointy and her cheekbones are to exaggerated. Other than that, it*s a great start.

Norbert

True. The upper lip is bigger than the lower. That is more common for black womans than white womans.

But an example who has it that way (at least a little) is Julia Roberts. I don't think that the mouth is too wide so...

Julia Roberts

Julia Roberts 2

Nevertheless I will decrease that effect a little... I too think that it is a little too much there.

I wanted the cheekbones and her chin to be quite noticeable so... I have to admit that she looks like a woman with slavic

influences who often got "harder" faces... but that gives her more personallity so she may not be a pure beauty-queen.

There is already a philtrum, so I have to admit that it is quite wide. I will tighten that.

Thanks for your input – I find it very helpful :) and may alter a little bit on here mouth too... lets see what seems to look more realistic.

See you

*Fuchur*

I wanted the cheekbones and her chin to be quite noticeable so... I have to admit that she looks like a woman with slavic

influences who often got "harder" faces... but that gives her more personallity so she may not be a pure beauty-queen.

I like her "Slavic, Germanic" imperfect ideal look. That's what makes her more believable to me. Asymmetry in the modeling, texturing also helps to boost realism.

this is a very interesting looking face. it has both realistic and un realistic characteristics in it. I think that is what makes it look realistic to me.

But there is one thing that I might do if it were my model.. the white man(woman) has a more elongated face from forehead to chin. I think if this face had an asian look to it or african look to it it would sit better with me. But its odd to see a caucasian face with those proportions.

so I would either go longer from forehead to chin or I would go narrowere from left to right....

overall though its a very interesting looking model.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

• 1 month later...