Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How and Why to Bevel

thumperness

I keep seeing mention of stuff not being beveled or being beveled as if beveling were a good thing. I'm assuming that it is desired to have bevels in your models of things like buildings or boxes.

I did a little searching but have not been able to find good instruction on the whys or hows. I remember seeing a tutorial somewhere that even talked about doing the bevel(s) first before the rest of the model.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Chris --did not even know there was a AM wiki----smiles

Feel free to edit and add until someone says otherwise. I can't remember whether it's single sign-in or if you need to create a new account.

Whenever I read something on the forums that I want to remember, I copy it over to the wiki. Whenever most of the text comes from original text written for example in a forum post, I will link to the original source that I got it from.

Note that when the tutorial was written, a mag of 236 gave the perfect round curve. But at around v12, when work had been done to fix some crease issues, that mag value didn't work anymore as pointed out by Rodger. Better use the value he mentions for perfect round bevels.