Hash, Inc. Forums

Audi Model WIP.

Hey guys,

been a looooooong time since I've posted anything. I started building this Audi model a few weeks ago. I've been taking my time with it... a little here, a little there... and wanted to see if I still "had it" when it comes to making models in A:M... turns out its just like riding a bike!

I will post as I go.

thanks for taking a look!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Audi.JPG

AudiWire.JPG

Coincidence ??? I started to model an Audi R8 today :)

You are doing a great work ....

Xtaz! I also checked out some of your modesl before I started. I kind of jumped back into spline modeling after a long time off and wanted to get my minds' eye straight before going.

Very funny that you are working on the same model. I think the drawings Im using at rotoscopes are the 2008 version of the car. Post yours when you get a chance!!

thanks for the comments everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, Okay, quick update... I did a little more work, windshields and liners. tweaking the shape here and there.

but still more to do. I put a mirrored version of the model next to eachother but they are not yet attached.

some screen caps so far.

thanks,

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

AudiFrnt.JPG

AudiBck.JPG

AudiFrntWire.JPG

This is gonna be one hot ride... am I seeing some weird splineage at the bottom of the door, or is that reflections?

I think its at least a combination of both. there is a big 5pt patch down in that area... and Im trying to keep the patch count down as Im building it. So the shape probably needs some more splines in that area.

thanks for the comments guys,

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

• 5 weeks later...
Very nice looking vehicle. Can't wait to see more!

Is there a little bit of a glitch on the passenger (right) side door on the bottom near the front? I don't see it on the driver (left) side door.

Yeah, I dont know what is causing that at the moment.... the car is still in 2 halves... When I finish it and do another copy flip I'll look to see whats causing it....

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

• 4 months later...

Well I can't believe I've put this Audi car model off for so long. But I'm determined to get back to it.

After a computer reinstall I put some basic fpo tires in just to get an idea of where Im going with this.

Hopefully I'll get this thing finished in the next couple weeks....

btw... this was only on the 3rd page of the wips section... must not be a ton of projects people are working on...

AudiAng.JPG

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

• Hash Fellow

Put it in the mascot contest!

AudiAng.JPG

btw... this was only on the 3rd page of the wips section... must not be a ton of projects people are working on...

I count about 100 topics since then. That sounds like a lot to me!

Okay, started working on the real rims. The actual rim design is a bit of a challenge.. almost finished with thier surface contours...

And a nice new yellow paint job! lol.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

AudiYllw1.JPG

Instead of building more... Im playing with the renderer!! lol.

new green paint job... Im playing with the specular plugins, this is the Westin specular shader... I like it!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

AudiGreen1.JPG

AudiGreen2.JPG

Hey guys,

still working on the wheels and rims. Actually had to restart the rims from scratch. I just put a decal on the wheels to get an idea of where its going. I think the decal on the wheels will wind up just being a bump map but for now the color while on the wheels look interesting! to me at least.

lol

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Wheels1.jpg

Wheels2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Have not finished the car yet, lol. but am close enough that I wanted to start getting familiar with using hdri files in A:M so that I can start thinking about the rendering when Im finished modelling.

Just a sphere model with something that is similar to paint on the car Im thinking about. the sphere has the hdri file mapped to it with spherical map material. and a back plate I rendered out in another software package that used the same hdri map.

redBall.JPG

• 9 months later...

Ok.... Im really getting self conscious about how long this is taking me to finish... but hey my office got floaded during hurricane sandy, so I'll use that as the excuse!

But I've finally gotten around to doing some more work on it.... the headlights are really more difficult then I thought they'd be... not enough reference to see exactly what to model... and the one in my driveway doesnt exist... lol..

but here's some progress...

AudiLights.JPG

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com