Hash, Inc. Forums

Dynamic Constraints Previewing in a Choreography

gwinkelman

This is my first time dealing with dynamic constraints. I applied a few dynamic constraints, put my model into a new choreography and I was pleased to see them working as I moved my model around in preview mode. But when I moved my model into a second new choreography, the dynamic constraints stopped working. What am I doing wrong? I'm using A:M v16.0a.

Robert, thanks for your help. No, I don't think my constraints are in a Pose.

I will have time tomorrow to check my model and make some new constraints in a Pose and see what happens.

If not, you applied it in the chor.

Than you have to add the constraint again in the next chor. Like that you can use the constraint in one chor and in another one not.

Like that you have control what you are doing.

A better way is to add it in a ON/OFF-pose. Like that you can easily access it without applying it again in any chor and you can turn it on and off.

See you

*Fuchur*

Sometimes, the dynamic constraint will change itself unwarranted... and the 'Simulate on the fly' setting will become OFF instead of ON. Just go back to wherever you applied the DC, and check that setting- at the very bottom of the properties for the DC...

Maybe Gerald is right that I created my constraints within a choreography instead of in an On-Off pose.

I did have a choreography open to 'simulate on the fly' and to readjust my settings. I just "presumed" that if it worked in one choreography, it would work in others.

Thanks for the tip, Matt. I will check and see if that is the case.

Question: Would it be better to NOT have a choreography window open when I initially create my Dynamic Constraint in an On-Off Pose?

• Hash Fellow
Question: Would it be better to NOT have a choreography window open when I initially create my Dynamic Constraint in an On-Off Pose?

It shouldn't be a problem but I find often have to force a save on a model before a chor will know about the last constraint I added.

Once again, I want to thank everyone for helping me. The problem turned out to be a basic newbie mistake by me.

The reason the dynamic constraints were not working when I put my model into a new choreography was because I had the current frame set to 00:00:00 in the frame toolbar. Once I changed that to different frame number, all my dynamic constraints worked.