Hash, Inc. Forums

Image Sequence Decal

cribbidaj

I have a character model with a 24-frame walk cycle that I rendered as a .tga image sequence that I want to use as a decal on another model. How do I get the walk-cycle image sequence to repeat as a decal on the other model within a choreography?

• Hash Fellow

If you turn on "Show more than drivers" :hidemore: on the object in the chor you can use the "Frame" property for the decal to make the value loop and repeat.

Key it at 0 at frame 0 and at 23 at frame 23 then select both key frames and choose Post-Extrapolation>repeat

If you turn on "Show more than drivers" :hidemore: on the object in the chor you can use the "Frame" property for the decal to make the value loop and repeat.

Key it at 0 at frame 0 and at 23 at frame 23 then select both key frames and choose Post-Extrapolation>repeat

Okay. I've keyed the two frames. Where do I choose Post-Extrapolation>repeat? Using v.15j

Thanks, guys. The video's great, Rob. Unfortunately, using Mac running OS 10.4 I can't seem to get the Post-Extrapolation dialog box to appear when selecting and right-clicking the keyframe points. The Channel CP Setting dialog box appears with the interpolation method choice.

Okay, if that's the case I'll make my suggestion. Once you set the first and last keyframe (zero and 23), on frame 24, set the keyframe to zero, then back to 23 exactly twenty three frames later. All you're doing is manually creating what Robert was setting up automatically. Also keep in mind that you can vary the playback speed depending on how you set the keyframes, it can play backwards, etc.

EDIT: Hey robert, I noticed cribbidaj is using v.15. Is that function available in that version? I'm going to check on it on the Mac tonight and I think I've still got older versions installed.

Okay, if that's the case I'll make my suggestion. Once you set the first and last keyframe (zero and 23), on frame 24, set the keyframe to zero, then back to 23 exactly twenty three frames later. All you're doing is manually creating what Robert was setting up automatically. Also keep in mind that you can vary the playback speed depending on how you set the keyframes, it can play backwards, etc.

EDIT: Hey robert, I noticed cribbidaj is using v.15. Is that function available in that version? I'm going to check on it on the Mac tonight and I think I've still got older versions installed.

Thanks, all, for the help. Gerry, your method works perfectly! Thanks so much!

• Hash Fellow
Thanks, guys. The video's great, Rob. Unfortunately, using Mac running OS 10.4 I can't seem to get the Post-Extrapolation dialog box to appear when selecting and right-clicking the keyframe points. The Channel CP Setting dialog box appears with the interpolation method choice.

You're saying there's no "Curve" listing in the menu like there is in my video?

What's the mac equivalent of right clicking supposed to be? Do that. And show me the menu you get when you do that.

You're saying there's no "Curve" listing in the menu like there is in my video?

What's the mac equivalent of right clicking supposed to be? Do that. And show me the menu you get when you do that.

Well - it seems the 'right-click' function on my Wacom stylus is not set up properly to function correctly with A:M. So, what I'm getting by 'right-clicking' with the pen can be seen in the attached screenshot. I guess it's working as a 'shift-click' in A:M for some reason. Once I found the correct keybard mac equivalent to 'right-clicking', (control-click) the menu with "Curve" appears just as your video shows. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks.

Picture_1.png

The Post-extrapolation options in Robert's video show the same on the Mac, it's just a matter of right-clicking. I've got a Wacom too and I've got the rocker arm set to right-click, works like a charm! In fact in the last couple of A:M versions the stability of stylus support has noticeably improved.