Hash, Inc. Forums

Take a Walk

It's a bit small to examine, but the leg and hip motion appears in the ball park.

The arms are getting a strange backwards twist to them, however.

Yeah, I'd like it bigger too. I guess I need to look into compression. That 15 seconds is already over 2 megs. B)

Anyone have any suggestions on compression for QT.mov files on a Mac?

I used a compression and it made the file size smaller but I'd still like some input on what's the preferred compression on Macs for .MOV files(QT).

I've found HandBrake useful for compressing/converting .MOV files. Especially if you are making any screen captures with Quick Time X.

You can find it here. Its free and comes in 64bit flavor and uses H.264 compression.

A quick note on its use;

The files it produces are .mp4's but they will have by default the extension .m4v. If you didn't change this before running HandBrake all you need do is double click on the file as you would to rename it and change the extension to .mp4

• Hash Fellow

One way to think of arms is as swinging pendulums hanging from the shoulders, lagging the front-back motion of the legs by several frames.

That's a very simplified characterization, but possibly useful when you are starting out.