Hash, Inc. Forums

It's a Pitch

• Hash Fellow

Very amusing!

One thing you might try is to make the pose during the toe wiggle a "moving hold" rather than a freeze.

You would do that by making the pose at the start of the toe wiggle just slightly short of the pose at the end. It looks like he's moving down into the wiggle position so you'd change the pose at the start to be about 95% of the way into that pose from he preceding one rather than 100%.

That's beyond the scope of the exercise, but fun to try maybe.

Very amusing!

One thing you might try is to make the pose during the toe wiggle a "moving hold" rather than a freeze.

Thanx. B)

Yeah, what was bugging me was the throwing arm being frozen during the wiggle. I had thought of maybe a 'wrist-wind-up' like twirling the wrist as the toe wiggled. Your idea will prolly make it feel more alive. I'll play with it, though I am not quite friends with the timeline yet. It does some very unexpected things for me due to not always knowing which buttons to set and when I can click and drag. You mentioned a tut out there for learning the ins-and-outs of the timeline. Was that one of yours?

• Hash Fellow
You mentioned a tut out there for learning the ins-and-outs of the timeline. Was that one of yours?

There are actually three different attempts to explain Keyframing basics on my screencam tuts page. Link in my signature.

Why so short? I blinked and I missed it. Is there a time limitation? Quick movements are fine... great in animation... but set them up! Even the Constitution had a 'pre-amble'... let's see some pre-ambling!

All I was doing was following the Tutorial in TAoAM. B)

• Admin

Hey, that was nice. Brings back memories of TaoA:M. :)

Note to self: A future community project could be 'A Day at the Park'... the good 'ol ballpark... where everyone focuses on the interaction between one or two characters in the game. An editing team would then have to make sense of it all.