Hash, Inc. Forums

Trouble with mirror bone

Douglas Ferrin

I'm trying to mirror the rig I set up; only the legs mirror - hands, feet etc. do not stick; also, the carpal bones don't reproduce. Any ideas? I've uploaded the model if someone would like to have a look. Thanks much.

I downloaded the first version...I think the second one is a duplicate? I ran the MirrorBone plugin while having the "MirrorBones" bone selected and everything worked as I expected. The hands and feet bones showed up (carpal bones included) just fine.

What steps did you go through, Douglas?

------------------------

EDIT

------------------------

The first time I tried it, I used v15 and it worked correctly. In v16, I encountered the same error.

• Hash Fellow
Could you please tell me how to get 15 running again - I get the expired license notice. I've been out of the game for a while and don't remember how it is done. Thanks.

Copy your new master0.lic file from the v16 folder to the V15 folder. Worked for me.

I'm rigging a new model. The same thing happens in v15 however, it'sjustme. Any other ideas?

With my model, I open it in modeling, bones mode. I click on mirrorbone in bones; right click, go to mirrorbone wizard; set it as it is in the pdf.

Thanks.

When you use the MirrorBones plugin, make sure you are in Modeling Mode...sometimes you will get errors if you are in Bones Mode. Select the "MirrorBone" bone, right mouse click, select "Plugins/Wizards/MirrorBone" and run plugin with the default settings.

Let's see if that changes anything.

Hi It'sjustme,

I'm still getting the same thing - what version of 15 are you using? Maybe that will make a difference. Also, the only part that isn't identical is the "body"; I flipped the arms/hands and feet/legs and positioned them as closely as I could to the same positions. Any thoughts. Thanks Much.

A few minutes later:

Actually, using oj I got better results; good enough that I can patch it together now. Thanks again for your help. Doug