• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow
Hi,

A real quick question. Is there a way to hide the distortion boxes from the modeling screen after you finish using them ?

Thanks for the help.

in modeling mode distortion boxes are only temporary tools, once you leave distortion mode, they are gone.

So, like HOlmes, I'm not sure what you are asking. Ask it again?

If you are referring to turning off the visibility of a distortion box that is part of the model via a relationship/pose, I have noticed that I can not turn off the visibility in the model window, right after creating the relationship.

However, I noticed if I then save the model, and start a new project and bring model back in, then the DB is no longer visible in model window (as desired). Seems to be a refresh? issue, perhaps

distortionboxmodel.jpg

Edited by NancyGormezano

• Admin
then the DB is no longer visible in model window (as desired).

I'm a bit confused here. (rather common so don't sweat that)

I haven't been keeping up on everything posted about Distortion Boxes but I did see a few hints that folks might be starting to confuse things a little. It may just be me that is confused but I'll offer this:

I've always considered A:M to have two Distortion features... one for modeling and one for animating. Have I been looking at that wrong here?

As far as I know, Distortion Boxes (the temporary ones you use to mold your Model and/or the permanent ones assigned to Bones for animation) do not appear in a modeling window unless you are in Distortion Mode (in Modeling Mode or Bone Modes I believe they should not appear).

As far as I know, Distortion Boxes (the temporary ones you use to mold your Model and/or the permanent ones assigned to Bones for animation) do not appear in a modeling window unless you are in Distortion Mode (in Modeling Mode or Bone Modes I believe they should not appear).

I am not talking about the temporary DB used in modeling

When I first added/created a permanent distortion box via a relationship to a model, it showed up in the model window, in shaded view, in modeling mode, as well as in bones mode. It would not go away from modeling window, until I saved the model, started new project, and brought the model back in.

I suspect Maka might have been running into the same "funny" as I.

If one makes changes, and is experimenting with permanent DB's in actions, relationships, chors, one runs into many "funnies". It's not all smooth sailing.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the input. Nancy, you have it on the nose. That's what I'm experiencing. The problem I'm having is that I'm smack in the middle of a choreography, used 3 distortions in the choreography around the head area of the characters, and am having problems seeing through the distortion boxes to finish animating the expressions. Any thoughts ?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the input. Nancy, you have it on the nose. That's what I'm experiencing. The problem I'm having is that I'm smack in the middle of a choreography, used 3 distortions in the choreography around the head area of the characters, and am having problems seeing through the distortion boxes to finish animating the expressions. Any thoughts ?

Hmmm...I am assuming you have added the DB's to the chor, and NOT the model(s)? If so then I'm guessing that you might be out of luck, & will have to see the DB's, even if you're done with distorting and unfortunately it is messy. :(

I found I had slightly more control if I added the DB to the model via a relationship, and then made the pose slider control the cp's of the DB. Tricky stuff.

Bummer, yeah, it's in the choreography with pose sliders.

Uhhh...now I'm confused...I find that if I am in shaded view mode in the chor, and the model has DB's (controlled via pose sliders), then the DB doesn't show. However if I am in shaded/wireframe, or wireframe then the DB's will show (as expected). I don't know if that helps you.

So have you saved your model, saved your chor, and then started new project and re-imported your chor? Not sure if that's your problem.

shadedwire.jpg

shaded.jpg

Thanks Rob for that tip. I have an " eye " beside distort following the example you sent, but it is not allowing me to change it. When I click on the " eye ", the 3 icons for " bounding box ", "vector " and "curve " show up rather than the normal " x " that you get when you're hiding something. Can you tell what I'm not doing right ?

Thanks.

When i use a DBox in an action the splines are visible in all modes.

I again found that if I used a DB in an action that at first the DB would be visible in all modes in the chor. If I saved the chor, then started a new project and re-imported chor then DB would not be visible in shaded mode in the chor, but would be visible in shaded/wireframe or wireframe mode (as desired)

However I then found if I selected the DB in the chor pws - it would again be hard to make it go away in any mode. However, closing the chor window, and reopening, changing to shaded, made it go away

I think if the "refresh" or "re-init" problem was fixed, it could do the trick. But of course a visibility property would be nice.

I also think the distort box work flow is a little screwy to deal with. That is where I would prefer to see mods, if any were to be done.

distortaction.jpg