Hash, Inc. Forums

IK foot

Xtaz

Hi Mark.

I was studing walk cycle and I noticed that the foot need 2 IK bases. In the heel when it touchs the ground (standing in front) and in the toe before lifting from the ground (standing behind) . Is there a way to change IK between heel/toe ? Am I clear ?

Hi Mark.

I was studing walk cycle and I noticed that the foot need 2 IK bases. In the heel when it touchs the ground (standing in front) and in the toe before lifting from the ground (standing behind) . Is there away to change IK between heel/toe ? Am I clear ?

LOL! I was thinking about that a couple of weeks ago (been working on it for the Squetch Rig, we'll see if I can get it done)...sometimes it's just an idea's time, I guess.

You can just add a Null in the choreography and have the IK foot control "translate to" and "orient like" it (both with compensate on) and it will work, Marcos. Of course, it could be added to any rig...some would be harder to add than others (getting the squetching right has been my problem).

The Left/Right Ball Controllers can be animated (rotated and translated), it's the vertical bones located at the base of the toes. If you want to shift the nulls pivot from the heel to any part of foot, just animate the ball controller to where it needs to be so the pivot of the null is where you want it. Then switch to the null to continue animating. You could create a percentage pose that shifts the ball controller to the desired location so the null is in the correct position of the new pivot you want. That way it makes it easier to get back into the original placement. The only thing is, you won't get any auto rotation of the heel, if that is what you are looking for.

Hi David ... I would post this topic in the Squetch sub-Forum too :) .. Should I do it ?

It's not necessary...I'm working through it anyway.

The Left/Right Ball Controllers can be animated (rotated and translated), it's the vertical bones located at the base of the toes. If you want to shift the nulls pivot from the heel to any part of foot, just animate the ball controller to where it needs to be so the pivot of the null is where you want it. Then switch to the null to continue animating. You could create a percentage pose that shifts the ball controller to the desired location so the null is in the correct position of the new pivot you want. That way it makes it easier to get back into the original placement. The only thing is, you won't get any auto rotation of the heel, if that is what you are looking for.

Very cool, Mark! I didn't know that.

thanks Mark, this is great.

Tomorrow I'll try it...

2008 rig is amazing....