Hash, Inc. Forums

flip distortion

sir fen the usa

ive been working on a model for awhile now and it came time to do a flip copy attach. the hand came out distorted. i deleted the hand and just took the left hand and copied it and did a flip hoping that it would be okay. unfortunatley it came out distorted. any ideas as to why this is happening?

flip_distortion.png

• Hash Fellow

It looks like there's a hook near each problem spot. That shouldn't be a problem, but I seem to recall there's somethign to that.

Just to try....

detach several hooks on your source side, try the CFA again and see if you at least get a true copy of the unhooked mesh on the other side.

• Hash Fellow

I just tried it with the center spline not exactly centered and got this.

CFATest2.JPG

Select everything that is supposed to be Center spline, set that group's pivot to X=0, scale it to X=0%

then do the CFA

thats an area that i really have not worked on. ive been modeling by the seat of my pants and not paying attention to the more technical ways you described to manipulate my models. its a weak point for me that ill have to work on.

Has.To do with changing bias and then trying to do a cfa.

I reported this. You can select the part of the model, put in standard bias values (0.0.100) and the problem should be gone so you would have to set the bias values again manually.

See u

*Fuchur*

This is something that appears to have started in v16 and has been reported. What I've been doing, is doing any copying and flipping of things over the X axis in v15, where it works just fine. Then carrying on again in v16.