Hash, Inc. Forums

Challenge: Terrain Wizard

• Hash Fellow

Here's an informal challenge... what's the best you can do with the Terrain Wizard to create a one-step lunar landscape?

What settings could you plug into the Wizard and get a mesh that might pass for an alien terrain?

Post a pic of the mesh and screen capture of the Terrain wizard settings.

Does this pass?

All I did was change to sine (default settings) and hit the render button. Then painted in some craters, applied weather, erode and blur. Then textured with bitmap plus and applied a decal to vary the color.

alien_terrain.jpg

As I said, I set the type to sine and used the default settings. Then used the paint tool to add craters and used the weather, erode and blur filters. There's not much to show in the settings, it's all default, except for setting the type to sine.

As I said, I set the type to sine and used the default settings. Then used the paint tool to add craters and used the weather, erode and blur filters. There's not much to show in the settings, it's all default, except for setting the type to sine.

Can you post a screen grab of your paint that created the craters? I thin Robert is trying to keep everything in this informal contest apples to apples so that when you get 5 or so people submitting its easy to see what made different results.

Hm... so mine will not pass neighter... I did something more crazy...

I used the terrain-wizard using an image I draw in photoshop. (see attached image)

With that I could easily draw a texture-map in photoshop.

Then I decalled the terrain and attached a sprite-particle-material creating the smoke, readjusted a little bit of the geometry (mainly to make the hills in the back a little less uniform) and setted up a layer in th ebackground.

With a little bit of surface-attribute changing, a bulb-light and AO it came out like it did.

See you

*Fuchur*

rendering_64.jpg

terrain_map4.jpg

wizard_terrain.jpg

terrain_map_color4.jpg