Hash, Inc. Forums

video rotoscope.

petokosun

please does anyone know or have a tutorial on vedio rotoscoping.

I haven't tried it yet (intend to soon for Red Squad) but from what I gather, it's pretty much like regular rotoscoping. In an ction or chor, where the character is still facing forward, simply apply your video rotos in each view pane like you would a modeling window and simply scrub through it, adding keyframes and positioning your character to fit the video.

You must use sequenced images ( PNG / TGA ) instead a movie ( MOV / AVI ) ... remember to set frame rate to the rotoscope's frame rate

Are we talking about creating a transparent background for video-footage which does not have the needed background (green or blue) to be keyed (not possible in A:M) or are we talking about a rotoscope for an animation to get the movement right?

See you

*Fuchur*

I've played a lot with this and first you need QuickTime or After Effects or some kind of program where you can export your video as a image sequence like Xtaz said above.

Import your first image as a Animation/Image Sequence into Images folder in your new Project.

Create new Chor.

On the camera right click and New Rotoscope, select the file you imported. It should appear in the Chor. window.

Now you can place what ever models into the area.

The problem I ran into is that the camera (most times) has movement so when you place your model into your chor. it may not move as you want with the video in the background. Thats where you need something like Syntheyes or Icarus to do camera tracking. Can't help much there I have been trying to figure that out for a long time now.

Luuk Steitner has done work with this and maybe these links will help.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...1&hl=Icarus

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...1&hl=Icarus

crussingtest9a.mov

What I would suggest is doing all the character stuff and then doing any camera motions. I dunno, it's something I'll be playing with myself in a few weeks so I can post my findings if you all like (when I get to it of course :P)