Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

iMac Snow Leopard install

antonahill

Hi all,

I recently purchased a v 16 subscription. After download and install, I tried to register, but when I entered my number, it said three was an error writing the master.llc file. I contacted Hash, who sent me a good one. I moved that file to the correct directory and, upon launch, I got the same request for my number and the same error. I've since completely uninstalled and reinstalled the program and both entered my number and copied the file directly to the directory, but no change. Please help! :D

Best,

Anton.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. I'm running Snow Leopard and haven't had an issue. Wish I could help, but maybe just try the usual stuff (a restart, make sure you're installing it into the default location and that you are correctly entering the activation code that Hash sent to you.)

Hope you get it sorted out quickly.

Hmm. I'm running Snow Leopard and haven't had an issue. Wish I could help, but maybe just try the usual stuff (a restart, make sure you're installing it into the default location and that you are correctly entering the activation code that Hash sent to you.)

Hope you get it sorted out quickly.

I haven't tried restarting. I install it in the default location. I copy and paste the code exactly as it reads. Do I get rid of the hyphens? I hope I get it sorted out as well. It's ben a week since I bought it and it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Anton.

Is it possible there is a permissions problem?

I gather the hang up is that when you go to register A:M, it hangs, saying it can't write the master license file. Might be worth checking your permissions with Disk Utility.

Also, I believe you need to remove the master license file before you launch the program, which forces it to write a new one.

I haven't tried restarting.

restarting the computer he means. You have tried restarting your mac, right?

Yes. I uninstalled, restarted the computer, reinstalled, and moved the master.llc file that Hash sent me directly into the folder they specified. Didn't work. I then removed that file and launched the software. When it prompted me for my key, I copied and pasted the key directly from the Hash store. It now says I have an invalid key. This is really, REALLY frustrating.

Is it possible there is a permissions problem?

I gather the hang up is that when you go to register A:M, it hangs, saying it can't write the master license file. Might be worth checking your permissions with Disk Utility.

Also, I believe you need to remove the master license file before you launch the program, which forces it to write a new one.

I'll try checking permissions with the Disk Utility. I already tried to remove the master license file before launch. It then says there's an error writing the license file or now that the key (copied directly from the hash store) is invalid.

Hi all,

I fixed permissions, upgraded to Lion, entered my activation key, and now it says it's already been used. So sick of this. I just want the damn software to launch.

Hi Antonahill,

do you still have the master0.lic-file that Jason sent you? Did you try to copy this one into the Animation:Master install-folder after fixing the permissions? I am not sure if it will work, since you upgraded to Lion and the licence-file is likely keyed to the version of your OS to, so I am not sure about that.

If you tried that already, I am sorry but you will have to wait for Jason to fix this. Your licence-key seems to be already activated once and like that you can't activate it again without a new activation key. You will of course get one for free in your situation, but that has to be done by Jason and I am quite sure that he is not in the office on the weekend.

Sorry that you have problems with the activation. Hopefully you will get it fixed very soon.

If you upgraded to lion, make sure to use only the latest v16-version. I think older once can't be run on it, if I remember right. (I am myself a Windows-user, but I think I heard something about that, because Apple dropped compiler-support for the previously used compiler-versions with Lion).

See you

*Fuchur*

A:M on OSX has always had a permissions problem. Why? I don't know. After installing Get Info on the A:M folder - set Permissions on "everyone" to "read & write" and make applicable to all contents.

Hi all,

I fixed permissions, upgraded to Lion, entered my activation key, and now it says it's already been used. So sick of this. I just want the damn software to launch.

Hi Antonahill,

do you still have the master0.lic-file that Jason sent you? Did you try to copy this one into the Animation:Master install-folder after fixing the permissions?

I am not sure if it will work, since you upgraded to Lion and the licence-file is likely keyed to the version of your OS to, so I am not sure about that.

If you tried that already, I am sorry but you will have to wait for Jason to fix this. Your licence-key seems to be already activated once and like that you can't activate it again without a new activation key. You will of course get one for free in your situation, but that has to be done by Jason and I am quite sure that he is not in the office on the weekend.

Sorry that you have problems with the activation. Hopefully you will get it fixed very soon.

If you upgraded to lion, make sure to use only the latest v16-version. I think older once can't be run on it, if I remember right. (I am myself a Windows-user, but I think I heard something about that, because Apple dropped compiler-support for the previously used compiler-versions with Lion).

See you

*Fuchur*

I can wait for Jason.

A:M on OSX has always had a permissions problem. Why? I don't know. After installing Get Info on the A:M folder - set Permissions on "everyone" to "read & write" and make applicable to all contents.

Thank you so much!

I picked the new version up (it was time to upgrade already!) at ComicCon 2011 last weekend (yeah, I know you're jealous LOL) and decided to install it this evening.

After doing all the usual "good housekeeping" stuff on my Mac Pro (repair permissions, update software, reboot, repair permissions again, reboot again) I then spent the next few hours trying to get the darn thing to authenticate. I got all sorts of interesting messages, including the rather odd, "Animation Master: No errors" (huh?!?! This one would show up without fail every fourth try.)

I thought maybe it was firewalls or antivirus problems, disabled all of those; deleted and reinstalled several times, all with the same results. I never would have thought it necessary to universally allow read/write permissions but in desperation I came to the forum (thank you Captain Obvious) and Voila! Like magic, the solution appeared before my eyes. I once more deleted and reinstalled, enabled universal read/write, and entered the activation code. The heavens opened, the angels began to sing, and I saw the lovely Animation Master splash screen on my desktop.

It seems like it would be easy enough to include that in the ReadMe instructions, doesn't it?

Thank you again. You are AWESOME!

Lois

• Hash Fellow
The heavens opened, the angels began to sing, and I saw the lovely Animation Master splash screen on my desktop.

Welcome to the A:M forum! When you have questions... someone here has an answer.

It seems like it would be easy enough to include that in the ReadMe instructions, doesn't it?

Perhaps it can be!

• 1 month later...

That's the key. get info on the whole folder, not just the application. This is the little tidbit that got things working for me. B)