Hash, Inc. Forums

Connor: A Kult Character

Thanks alot everyone!

Mark, I have tried that. It just isn't showing up for me. I'm using 14c. I don't know if that makes a difference. I would love to at least get transparency to work, but I can live without the image hair for this. I kind of like the hair as it is right now.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
Well here he is fully textured. I might still tweak a few things, but this is about as good as I can get it.

Very nice! Very evil.

My only tweak would be to move that tie clip up a bit so that it wasn't so much straight in line with the pocket hanky, or make it something other than rectangular looking (eg. maybe a round skull tack). If this is to be an animation, then probably wouldn't matter. But if it is to be only 1 still then it's placement/shape is distracting (to me).

• 4 months later...

Not much of an update, but I thought I'd post anyway since it's been awhile. I changed the position of the tie clip per Nancy's suggestion. Also added a secondary stripe to the shirt. I havee rendered at larger res as well.

Thanks for looking.

Connor024.jpg

• Hash Fellow

Great looking hair!

I started experimenting with hair. .... I can't seem to get transparency over the length of a hair to work. It just won't work like thickness works, I don't know why. I used Jitter instead to get a fuzzier look towards the hair ends.

What you have looks good but i think the transparency is working now, last time I tried it.

Thanks Robert. I'm making him in 14c I think. I don't have the newest version of A:M, but am definately gettting v17 when that comes out.

I will not be animating him. He only looks good from this angle, haha.

Thanks for the comments. I'm starting on the kamas now.

Thanks for the comment Paul. I was thinking somewhere a little more spooky, but that might be something I go with. I still haven't decided what I want to do.

I've gone and ruined a perfectly good suit by bloodying it up.

Connor028.jpg

Wow, thanks alot for all the replies!

I don't really have any idea how long I've been working on this guy. I also don't think I'll be making a tutorial. I just simply suck at it. I've tried a few times, and each time it turns into a horror show. I might give this scene away when I'm done though.

This character, and this scene, were made just to be viewed from this angle. From any other angle he looks crazy bad :). I am also horrible at rigging and animation. So I will never animate him, but if I do give the scene away you can give it a try.

I really don't know what fold you are talking about Nancy, but thanks for the crit. I probably won't change much about his appearance if it would require remodeling.

Once again, thanks alot for the comments.

Here is a new version of the camera and lighting setups. I think I went a little overboard in Photoshop by adding such large horns, but I think the main idea is getting across. THis will most probably be my setup for the final image when I finish creating the backdrop. I'm thinking about an allyway for the final scene...

Connor030.jpg

I really don't know what fold you are talking about Nancy, but thanks for the crit. I probably won't change much about his

Maybe it's not a fold? I am seeing a triangular pink shape located to the left of the eyeball. (I scaled your image)

OR the eyeball doesn't fit, ie. not scaled big enough for the socket and I'm seeing thru the eye socket to the back of the head?

I don't notice this pink anomaly in your new pic. (correction: I do see it, it's just less noticeable because the image is smaller)

Connor028_copy.png

Thanks for the comments again :).

Ah, ok, I see what you're talking about. That's just the red of my eye decal which I just thought I needed to have peaking out a little. I originally had it hidden so the eye was more white.

John: Yeah, I don't know if it's good or bad that the blood is turning out so good, haha.

Here's a new one with what I have of the back wall so far. I didn't alter the shadow at all in this one.

Connor031.jpg

Thanks for the comments again :).

Ah, ok, I see what you're talking about. That's just the red of my eye decal which I just thought I needed to have peaking out a little. I originally had it hidden so the eye was more white.

John: Yeah, I don't know if it's good or bad that the blood is turning out so good, haha.

Here's a new one with what I have of the back wall so far. I didn't alter the shadow at all in this one.

Wow, now that is a creepy little fello... ah... you know what I mean.

*backing up slowly*

See you

*Fuchur*

Haha, thanks Gerald.

I've finished the floor, but for some reason it's affected my bloodpool reflection so it won't reflect the bricks anymore. Not that big a deal to me though, just wish I knew why. I also changed the wall a bit and Photoshoped the shadow again.

What kind of crud and garbage could I add to my alley? I don't want too much stuff, but it's looking a little plain right now. I know the character is primary, but still --

Thanks for looking everyone.

Connor032.jpg

What kind of crud and garbage could I add to my alley? I don't want too much stuff, but it's looking a little plain right now. I know the character is primary, but still --

A bunch of ideas to pick from: Paper. Newspaper. Pop cans, crushed. A hub cap. Keychain. Broken bottle. Tattered clothes. Paper bag. Plastic bag. Cigarette butts. Garbage bag. A poster on the wall for some long past event. A no parking sign. Bottle cap. Spider web. Electrical conduit.

And since I haven't said it for a while ... brilliant stuff!