Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
robcat2075

"Posts Unreplied-to"

We should have some button that would list posts that have not received a reply.

If someone can figure out how to have the following run through all of the forums it could be attached to a button:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?act=S...p;f=22&st=0

What that does is looks in forum 22 (Newbies Forum) for posts that are unreplied to.

Not quite a button but...

At the bottom of each forum we can set the filter to return the topics according to the number of replies. Ordering them from ZtoA returns the 'unreplied' to topics first. Or is that AtoZ... I forget.

As far as applying the above 'newbie forum search for unreplied to posts thingy' it to a button...

Hmmm.... standby.

Click me if you can catch me:

yay.gif

If we can get the code right we can get the button in place.

I didn't know that Search could look for number of replies! But how would you get it to search without specifying a search term (of four characters or more)?

That's not a search.

It's a filter option from the bottom of a forum.

Go into the Newbies forum (or any forum for that matter) and look at the bottom. There should be some filter options down there on the lower right.

Note: The options don't appear at the bottom of posts.

As far as searches go, it seems that no matter how low the number is set in the search parameters 3 is the lowest number of letter's the search engine will search for. It's currently set for 2 but still errors on anything less than 4.

As you've noted, we can run a search on replies in topics but we cannot leave the search field blank or fill it with less than 4 characters.

That's not a search.

It's a filter option from the bottom of a forum.

Ah. Well, if that could be enabled for the whole forum view, that would do it.

Basically I'm looking for a way to wait and let others answer questions on the forum, yet not lose track of ones that might sit without a reply for several days.