Hash, Inc. Forums

Did I loose Decals? v16 no more decals????

Walter Baker

Running ver. 16 and have been trying to add video to cloth sheet.

(cloth not added to model yet)

I import my image/animation, now when I go to apply it to the model I am unable to find 'Add Decal'

I see 'Add Image'.......

Any way when it is applied to the model it looks like below.

Why is it placed in each section? Why is it flipped, flopped, right side up and upside down?

Maybe I never noticed it before?!?

Snapz_Pro_XScreenSnapz001.jpg

Snapz_Pro_XScreenSnapz002.jpg

It looks like you've added the texture as a group image, which will add one instance of the texture to each patch. If you select a patch and right click it you can rotate the images by selecting "Roate Images". You got group images by dropping the texture onto the group. If you want regular decals you have to drop the texture onto the model name or into the modelling window

I was messing with cloth attached this morning, trying to do something I saw on 'iClone' web site, this is video on a moving cloth.

started getting frustrated enough to pull my hair out but since I am bald I decided to stop and go back to it later.

Well finally figured it out. So here is my version of cloth with video.

What do you think?

ScreenSnapz1.jpg

videosheet.mov

• Hash Fellow

The vid looks like it's working. The vid looks completely different than the pic.

However...

- you can get dramatically smaller files by not leaving the Quicktime compression codec set to "Animation". Choose h.264 or MPG4 to try.

-did you peak all the CPs inthe cloth? it looks like a bunch of square tiles instead of a continuous splines.

I forgot to change settings for the video, I did notice it was large and took a long time to load, will fix it.

The cloth was a first test and I didn't have many cp's . On the second test I trippeled the count and the cloth was much smoother but the movement was way to fast, you could hardly see the video.