Hash, Inc. Forums

Error in TSM2 rig

mtpeak2

I found an error in TSM2 leg script. It causes the "1 right/left leg regular FK" pose to not work.

in pose "leg regular FK" in folder "leg"

orient like constrain "stretchiness" to the parent of "leg"

It should be:

in pose "leg regular FK" in folder "leg"

orient like constrain "leg stretchiness" to the parent of "leg"

I'm surprised that no one has found it before.

• Hash Fellow

One reason it probably hasn't been used much is that TSM2 didn't have seamless FKIK inthe legs so you would likely choose to use IK from the start since that will be most suited to most motion that a character does.

Only time I've used leg FK was on TWO and we had the squetch rig that did seamless FKIK that made using it temporarily in the middle of a shot easy.

I've also found another issue in TSM2 rig. Besides the "error loading string" issues, it also creates a new property within the constraints called "User Properties". It doesn't seem to affect the constraints though, AFAIK. I've had to edit the model file in a text editor to remove all these properties, there's quite a few too.

els.jpg

• Hash Fellow

The "Error loading String" can be fixed by saving right after Rigger is run, restarting A:M then reloading the model.

I'm going to wildy guess that the User Prop is some side effect of TSM2's manner of creating a phantom bone to simulate an offset.

I'll have to fix the import models for the IK/FK switching. I have them with the error so it would override the relationship, but it won't do that if TSM2 relationships do not show the error anymore.

• Hash Fellow

I just note that if you are making an mdl for TSM2 to call directly as a "part", it needs to be made in V11.

But i dont' think your import model is that particular usage.

Switches are v13 or better. They won't work in older versions. I have to create 2 import models for each, one with error and one without. The relationship error is present in v13 and v14, but not in v15.

Any model rig I create for TSM2 will be a v13 or better. If I do anything, I probably won't change the base model components, just the scripts. That is, if I decide to create a new rig for TSM2.

• Hash Fellow

Anything that resides in the "components" folder of TSM2 needs to be a pre-V13 MDL or TSM2 won't recognize it during the Builder stage.

But, your process isn't putting anything in the components folder, right?