Hash, Inc. Forums

Strange behavior with a rigged model

Gerry

I've got this rigged character for my music video. When I put him in a chor I can enter skeletal mode and move his bones around. but once I deselect him, work on other models and go back to him, when I enter skeletal mode I can no longer activate, see or select his bones.

I feel like I've seen this before not long ago but I'm stumped by it. Tested in v15 and the latest v16, on a pc. When I get home I'll test on a Mac, but any advice is welcome!

As Nancy said, you do indeed have the model bone toggled in one of your poses (FK/IK switches are my usual culprit). Delete it from the relationship and you should be good to go!

thanks for the replies. It did indeed turn out to be a key on a model bone, discovered with a little help from Holmes.

But what's the deal with having a key on the model bone messing things up like this? Is is a bug? A feature? Cautionary tale? Metaphor? Life lesson? Other? None of the above?