Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Rat Project

I'm working on a rat project where I'm gonna freak out my mom's friend who is terror fie of rats. She lives with my Uncle and they got a pool thinking about having a bunch of rats around the pool or in the pool when they take there little trip I'll make the clip of the rats in the pool and send it to there email and say something like look what was in yall's yard....LOL Yap I got to much time on my hands...

No rats will be harm making this project all CGI.

any way here the model of the rat I'm working on.

Rat_3d_mode_1l.jpg Rat_3d_mode_2.jpg Rat_3d_mode_3.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the rat done still doing some tweaking though

I'm gonna make a few different color ones

I tried to add hair to him but the control point was to far apart

and didn't look right for some reason, I'll try it again tough.

Rat_3d_mode_6.jpg Rat_3d_mode_7.jpg

Having a problem with a foot bone one foot will move fine when right back foot bone moves the left foot bone moves same thing for the front all the control point match up hmmmmmm.

Oh yah I changed color to the old classic gray rat with that rough scale look to him.

Rat_3d_mode_8.jpg

Very creative but very strange hierarchy you've got in your rig.

1) you've made your left rear foot a child of your right rear foot - so when you move your right foot, the left rear foot will move. Same oddness with your front feet.

2) usually the tail bones are children of the body. The way you have it, the body is a child of the tail bones & when you move the tail - your body, head, etc will move as well.

I'm not sure where to send you to find out about very basic rigging concepts, (nor which model would be good to inspect to see a sample suitable rig for a 4 legged creature) - but Holmes has done some great tutorials on building your first rig (human type).

here's the first in the series: http://amfilms.hash.com/video/196/Building...irst-Rig-Part-1

Still tinkering with the rat I added some hair on him all you can see it little black spots and a few long strains of hair, I need to make the hair height higher and density larger or something to cover the full the body hmmmmmm

Rat_3d_mode_9.jpg