Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Data Folder not showing new models?

Steven547

Hey everyone...

I remember something like this happening awhile ago. I've searched, but the "solutions" I've found didn't work. I recently purchased the 1year subscription (vers 15.0 J ).

I downloaded the complete "data" folder also, and per the email instructions, placed it in the program files / hash inc / ver 15 folder. I have other models I've used in other version of A:M. I copied the one model folder (toon shark) to the same destination directory, but placed the "Toon Shark" folder inside the Data - Models - Aquatic folder.

When I boot up A:M, I don't see that model or the others I placed in that default DATA folder. What am I missing?

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
When I boot up A:M, I don't see that model or the others I placed in that default DATA folder. What am I missing?

When you say you don't see it when you boot up, you really mean you don't see it when you go load a model and navigate to where you think it should be, right?

Do a search and see if it's really where you thought you put it.

When you say you don't see it when you boot up, you really mean you don't see it when you go load a model and navigate to where you think it should be, right?

Do a search and see if it's really where you thought you put it.

Exactly. It's not there when I boot up. The email said I could download the "complete" Data folder and to replace the current data folder with the downloaded one. In that data folder there is another folder entitled "models". I have a model of a "toon shark" that is in it's own folder. I copied that folder into the data folder, where it says models - aquatic. In that "aquatic" folder, there are several "model" folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hash Inc\V15.0\Data\Models\Animals\Aquatic

In that Aquatic folder, there is a sub folder called "Shark". So, I figured if I just place the "Toon Shark" folder in that same Aquatic folder, it show show. Same with other modes (Birds, etc). But when I boot up A:M, the models aren't showing in my library. I even went to Tools - options - libraries and tried to change the extensions to the "Data" folder as seen above. No luck.

• Hash Fellow
Exactly. It's not there when I boot up.

But that's not "loading a model."

When you do File>Open and navigate to where the model is supposed to be... the model is not there? It's going to be there.

But when I boot up A:M, the models aren't showing in my library.

You don't need the Library to use A:M and you don't need models to be in the library to use them. Load and save them like any other file you load in any other program.

in the PWS, you can also RMB on the Objects folder>Import>Model to navigate to anywhere to load a model.

You can RMB on the other folders in the PWS to load their relevant files also.

Exactly. It's not there when I boot up.

But that's not "loading a model."

When you do File>Open and navigate to where the model is supposed to be... the model is not there? It's going to be there.

But when I boot up A:M, the models aren't showing in my library.

You don't need the Library to use A:M and you don't need models to be in the library to use them. Load and save them like any other file you load in any other program.

in the PWS, you can also RMB on the Objects folder>Import>Model to navigate to anywhere to load a model.

You can RMB on the other folders in the PWS to load their relevant files also.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks...I'll try that today / tonight (or during work haha). I just figured I would try and keep all the models in one place...

It is often easier to just close the Library window and open your assets like Robcat suggested. However if you really want to use the library.....

You can store your models and other assets anywhere you want. They don't have to be in the Hash program directory.

Save the data folder you downloaded somewhere on your computer. (Be sure to unzip it).

Use the Windows file explorer to find the location of the ".lbr" file in the folder.

Open A:M and go to Tools > Options > Folders

In the drop down list labeled "Show Folders For", choose "Libraries".

Down in the areal labeled "Folders", double-click on the entry.

When you do, a button with "..." (three dots) appears.

Click on the button and a "Select Directory" dialog box appears.

Navigate to the folder that contains the ".lbr" file and select it. (select the directory, not the .lbr file itself)

Hit OK and the "Select Directory" dialog will close. If it does not close, hit OK a second time.

The entry in the "Folders" section will be updated.

Hit the OK button on the Options dialog to close the dialog.

Close A:M and restart.

After you have restarted A:M check the library to make sure you see stuff in there now.

You have to manually add to the library any new models you create.

To do that:

Open the library.

At the bottom of the library are tabs labeled "Projects", "Choreographies", "Models", "Materials", "Images", "Sounds", "Post Effects".

Let's say you are adding a new Model.

Click on the "Models" tab.

Right-click in the large white area and choose New > Shortcut.

In the dialog that appears, navigate to your new model and select it.

Then hit the "Open" button on the dialog.

The new model should appear in your library

Alternatively, you can:

Open your model in A:M.

Right-click in an empty space in the model window and choose "Create Shortcut in Library"

The model will be added to the the active tab in the Library.