Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bubba

complicated Choreography affecting Modeling

I just found out (the hard way) that the actions going on in a choreography (mine being the flow of fluids) affects the speed of modeling. I have a three second animation http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39915. If the timeline is set to any time other than 00:00:00, any modification to an existing object within the chor is unbelievably slow. Should it be? Now I know that the two are linked, but should working in the model window automatically update the instance in the chor? In my situation, no, I don't think it necessarily should. By definition, working in the model window de-activates all other windows. As far as I can tell, there is no way to "turn off" a chor. Just my thoughts.

I think open windows are continuously updated so you can for example see a front and side view simultaneously, or see how changes in a model window affect the look of the model in the chor.

Closing a Chor window you have in the background ought to turn it off. Doesn't it?

I haven't tired closing the window - that probably would "break" the link. As to the multiple windows, does it really work that way? Think would be an interesting option - to set all windows to instantaneous updating or only upon window activation.

I haven't tired closing the window - that probably would "break" the link. As to the multiple windows, does it really work that way? Thank would be an interesting option - to set all windows to instantaneous updating or only upon window activation.

I know visible windows are supposed to all update and stay in synch. And they usually do.

I don't know it the computer has to work to update a chor window hidden behind something else. It shouldn't but if it is, it's easy enough to close it.

I tried it. Rotating an object on one window does not rotate the object in the other, but if you draw new splines and CPs in one, they immediately show up in the other. Cool.

Rotating an object on one window does not rotate the object in the other,

Turning the view in one model window will not change the view in another model window, but rotating the mesh in one model window will rotate the mesh in another model window.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this