Hash, Inc. Forums

MirrorBones question

Gerry

I still can't get the MirrorBones plugin to work for mirroring cp weighting. I know I saw a thread on this not long ago, but I can't find it now. I've installed the LiteFace rig, weighted the right side, and tried once again, without success, to mirror the weighting.

If anyone can direct me to a thread, tutorial, video or fortune cookie on this topic so I can get it to work that would be fantastic.

btw I'm doing this on a pc, v. 16RC. but in the past I've never gotten it to work and I end up writing out all the cp weights on paper and redoing the left side manually.

Maybe that's what I'm remembering. I watched the first two a couple weeks back and I had a sneaky feeling I'd seen *something* about it recently. thanks!

[EDIT] Hey Robert, I did try it a second time and used the settings you showed, and I got a partial result. I know the model is symmetrical but I may have to increase the tolerances and try again.