Hash, Inc. Forums

Coffee Shop

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

You may already know this, but in case you don't, I thought I'd chime in. Changing the scale of a Darktree material works best for me as follows: On the shortcut to "material" for a particular group, click on the white triangle (properties, I think) and open it up, then open up "transform", then "Scale" and adjust your percentages. ( I go up to 500% sometimes) Click on the white box with the plus that is to the left of the shortcut and open up the Simbiont properties and adjust your bump scale there.

• *A:M User*

Nancy

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with Baking. I was deleting the materials from the project. I got it to work. However, the all materials model rendered at 2:28 a frame in AO 9 pass. The baked model rendered ao 9 pass at 2:38. :huh:

Steve

However, the all materials model rendered at 2:28 a frame in AO 9 pass. The baked model rendered ao 9 pass at 2:38.

I am guessing that you didn't delete the material (darktree) from the baked model (the one with the decal) after baking. You were probably rendering with the decal & the material both on your model. I just tried it again.

When I rendered 9 pass with AO - the material only model took 2:25, the decal only model took 1:46. When I had both the decal PLUS material on the model, it took 2:32.

Here is a project with 2 chor (1 with material model, 1 with decal model) - try rendering both and tell me what you get. If you still get the decal model taking longer then something else is going on.

comparebakedecaltomaterial.zip

• *A:M User*

I thought it was that but I just checked again and it was clean of materials. That was what was happening previously. I only thought I was deleting the materails.

I am going out in the field today and will check the project that you sent this evening.

Thanks for looking at this and for the help.

Steve