Hash, Inc. Forums

Just a Wooden Sword

kwhitaker

Nice handcuffs, well done!

Clip is interesting! To communicate the mood better, I think it would be better to tone down camera motion, or drifting. Maybe? it might be more effective to hold the camera on Onton's face/upper body say from frame 7 - 150ish (maybe closer in for drama?), then straight cut to his legs when he struggles with the chains (with a more straight on camera angle?). Hold til 220ish (but fix sword passing thru his boot/leg around frame 216), and then cut back up to his head/upper body.

• Hash Fellow

Two things...

-the first word of his sentence is getting lost under the sound effect

-it sounds very odd when the sound drops out completely. If the background hum can't be removed from the audio (audacity can do that) you might try editing in some of the dear air from that take from when he's not speaking.

Thanks Nancy, Took your advice, "i think" :) on holding the camera and timing. I like it better. Thanks again for working it out.

I like it better as well - Another thing that occurred to me, after looking at your new clip, is that it might also look/sound more ominous if you cut out the frames entirely where he is lifting his head (I think this is around frames 236-340) - and cut directly (or a quick zoom-in motion) to a close-up skewed angle shot of his head when he says "witch". The first image is what you have now for frame 358, which is too similar in camera to your first shots. I think it might add more tension, more interest to skew the angle some (as in the 2nd, third shot).

original358.jpg

closer358skewed.jpg

closest358.jpg