Hash, Inc. Forums

rotating a material

Master chief

ok i used to be able to do this but i think AM is laughing at me......

I have a ball for lack of words, over this ball is another one with a semitransparent material pattern, in the choreography when i try and rotate the material it like AM simple does not want to accept what I'm telling it to do, i have turned on show more than drivers and even made sure that i have placed keys in the time line.

i have uploaded the project file as that seams to be able to help more.

I know this should be easy ( as i have done this before) but it may be the new version or lack of using AM for a while

Game.prj

ok as far as i had it setup its supposed to have this

1 a Blue ball in the ceter of the sphere

2 2 outer layers both consiting of a turbulance material one part white, one part clear.

each material is suposed to rotate one going eather direction as well as one going faster than the other.

Edit: saved project as new file and reuploaded, maybe last one was bugged?

Game1.prj

• Hash Fellow

Here's a PRJ that rotates a striped material 90° on a ball.

MaterialRotate.prj

If you need to rotate more than that, convert the rotate driver to Euler so you only need to make a beginning and end key and not three keys for every revolution as the default Quat interpolation requires

ConvertToEuler.jpg

• Hash Fellow
how do i embed stuff into a project file?

It's in the project menu

also why they may be loaded no dark tree materials where used in my project. only AM self made materials

When I tried loading it it was asking for a darktree file.

But my sample shows you how to rotate a material

OK i got as far as the convert to Eular drivers part , to my understanding this should mean that if i type in rotate X 720, it should spin around twice. how ever when i type in 720 on the rotate dial it simple goes back to 0, typing in 721 results in a 1. which might mean that its not loading the Eular driver but I'm not sure.

Oh as far as i know i have embedded all files required this time.

Game2.prj

• Hash Fellow
OK i got as far as the convert to Eular drivers part , to my understanding this should mean that if i type in rotate X 720, it should spin around twice. how ever when i type in 720 on the rotate dial it simple goes back to 0, typing in 721 results in a 1. which might mean that its not loading the Eular driver but I'm not sure.

Oh as far as i know i have embedded all files required this time.

Try this: Make the second keyframe something small like 90, then in the PWS, in the channel view, manually move the keyframe fro 90 up past 360. Then you can type in large values in the properties panel.