Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bubba

Unable to load backup project

The new system does not allow me to load a backup project. After selecting a file from the Open dialog box, A:M then asks me again to find the file again. Then it says that it is an incomplete file and cannot load it.

Before I write up a bug report, is this only my experience or have others seen this type of behavior?

What is the size of the backup file?

Perhaps you are trying to load something that wasn't (fully) saved in the first place?

I ask because I had read somewhere the Backup plugin was not working.

(Note: It is not wise to rely on a backup plugin that is reportedly not working)

It's also important to stress that this is a plugin and not yet an integral part of the primary program.

The only certain way I know to backup a file is to manually save it and all associated files to a secure location. Once saved it's then important to test that backup to make sure it works. At this point commercial programs can and likely should be used to further secure and safeguard your files and progams. Then and only while in a safe location can it truly be called a Backup.

Has this particular backup worked for you before?

I am sorry if I didn't identify the version I am using. It is V16rc2, which has the backup as part of the application. I read the release notes and it is saving exactly as described - full path and everything.

Rodney,

For some reason A:M has a problem launching a file from FINDER. I reported it to Steffen and got a reply back that this will be fixed in the final release. So, this should clear itself up.

Great news! Thanks for closing the loop on this one. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this