Hash, Inc. Forums

Increases memory usage

DJBREIT

With 64 you should have available more than the 4GB limit that the 32 bit was limited to. Unless AM has not had its entire program switch over to 64.

Or I am missing something.

It seems my setup is only able to use up to 4GB.

memory1.jpg

What Windows-Version do you use?

Win 7 Professional 64bit? Or Win 7 32bit?

If needed, I got A:M to use my full 8 GB of RAM for a project.

I'd say you use 64bit already, and if you look not at the graph but at the numbers below it looks well.

See you

*Fuchur*

What Windows-Version do you use?

Win 7 Professional 64bit? Or Win 7 32bit?

Win 7 Professional 64bit

If needed, I got A:M to use my full 8 GB of RAM for a project.

I'd say you use 64bit already, and if you look not at the graph but at the numbers below it looks well.

See you

*Fuchur*

That what I was looking for. How to get AM to use up to something like that. How did you do it?

correct me if I'm wrong, each project uses the amount of memory needed to render it. depending on the type of scene in question (radiosity, particles, hair, Newton .....).

If you need increase speed to render an animation process you can set a processor affinity in the task manager processes ( left click on MASTER64 process and choose set affinity ) In your case you can run 4 instances of A:M and stablish one processor for each instance.

• Developer
correct me if I'm wrong, each project uses the amount of memory needed to render it. depending on the type of scene in question (radiosity, particles, hair, Newton .....).

I'll do it :-)

The memory needed for rendering is first allocated and used at rendertime (and free'd after rendering) , not when the project is loaded .

A better tool for viewing the memory allocation (and some other things ...) is "Process Explorer"

For the 64bit version is nothing to do, it uses out of the box all available memory if it is needed.

Looks like Your project doesn't need more than 4 GB.

I think you guys are right it only needed 4 GB. I think the problem I have is something to do with the hair system.

It seems to stall when it gets to forth or fifth model that has hair set on it. On my old computer it would freeze or crash at that point.