Hash, Inc. Forums

Ideas for the Next Community Project

robcat2075

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an update. I've been mainly working on the 4 story apartment. I've beveled most of it, except the fire escapes. I've added the fire escape ladders and remodeled the windows, with bevels, still need to remodel the door. I hope to have all that done today and start on the other buildings.

I'm getting shadow problems from the fire escapes, I don't know why, maybe because it's not beveled yet, it is double thick. Raytraced there is no issue, it's just the z-buffer shadows. I may have to rethink the settings in the main light. I'll have to check to see if this is an issue in v15.

set3.jpg

Another update. Working on the small apartment. Rebuilt the porches, railings and stairs, and added new windows. Slowly rebuilding the whole set where it needs beveling. The roof needs beveling, but I'm not sure if it needs it.

Next will be the penthouse apartment on the right. The apartment on the left is going to be a nightmare, alot to do on that one.

set5.jpg

I finally got to work on the apartment on the left. The building is not beveled (brick part), I'm getting lazy, but I don't think it will be a problem. I still need to work on the tall apartments on the right, but they shouldn't need too much detail. I also need to do something with the background buildings, but that shouldn't be too bad. I'm pretty much down to minor details. Once I get all that done, I'll rig all the windows and doors.

All the apartments have rooms and walls, do you need me to furnish them?

Sorry it's taking so long, but there was alot to do. Hopefully I'll have it done in a week or so.

set7.jpg

Hold on a second...I stopped paying attention to this ages ago, figured it wasn't for me, but I just popped in, saw an extraordinary set that looks like its from Rear Window and now has me wondering, is this what you guys are doing this year? Like Bus Stop, only on the Rear Window set?

Hold on a second...I stopped paying attention to this ages ago, figured it wasn't for me, but I just popped in, saw an extraordinary set that looks like its from Rear Window and now has me wondering, is this what you guys are doing this year? Like Bus Stop, only on the Rear Window set?

It is extraordinary, isn't it? Begun by Paul F, continued (and by the looks soon to be finished) by mtpeak2. It's been an honor following the set's progress. Top notch work. It will be very exciting working on a piece for it. What do you say, are you in?

Ok, I got a few loose ends to take care of and the background buildings to do, then I can rig the windows and doors.

After that, I need to tidy up the PWS abit and it's all yours. Hopefully I can get most of it done today. :yay:

sincere applause from the audience.

beautiful.

Thanks everyone!

Background buildings done. Still need to rig windows and doors and clean up the PWS. Robert mentioned stain textures, which I still need to do as well.

The set is one model, I'm debating on splitting it up and assembling it in an action. At 854x480 it rendered in 44 secs, so I'm not sure if splitting it up will lower the render times. Patch count comes in at 27306.

set_final.jpg

It is extraordinary, isn't it? Begun by Paul F, continued (and by the looks soon to be finished) by mtpeak2. It's been an honor following the set's progress. Top notch work. It will be very exciting working on a piece for it. What do you say, are you in?

I doubt it. But it is an extraordinary set, I love it. Rear Window was always one of my favourites so that just adds to this set. But it's a spectacular show of skill and talent and I tip my hat to both Paul and Mark

I've been testing the renders in v13t (1:03), v14c (1:04), v15j+ (1:07) and v16b 64 bit (:44) At 5 passes. The hair flowers do not render the same in these versions (v15 and v16 render the same).

So, my question is.....How many people participating are using v13 or v14?

• Hash Fellow
I've been testing the renders in v13t (1:03), v14c (1:04), v15j+ (1:07) and v16b 64 bit (:44) At 5 passes. The hair flowers do not render the same in these versions (v15 and v16 render the same).

So, my question is.....How many people participating are using v13 or v14?

make sure your v16 test is v16b