Hash, Inc. Forums

My Mascot entries

John Bigboote

Congratulations to Will Sutton for stealing the show on the mascot contest. Here are/were my two additions.

1)Motormouth... this is the alternate version I debated over entering. An old character I repurposed for the contest. Used a MatCap ambient shader on the car paint which I think works pretty well.

2) Kitty Kat- this was done very quickly, and was a test using A:M Paint to control the color and length of the fur. I hope to finish her up and do some animation with it. Kitty Kat cartoon on label by Shane Glines.

Both did very very poorly in the voting- but I wasn't in it to win... just happy to participate. I'd like to thank the one other person who gave me a vote.:)

2011_AM_Mascot_MattCampbell_B.jpg

2011_Mascot_MClegs.jpg

I liked your entries John. I prefer motor mouth one without the legs, its less confusing, better design. Tho I admit I was surprised to not see any Boopsies in your entries. Motor mouth is a great character.

I thought the kitty one was very creative, and loved it as an ad, but I also felt "bile flavor" sent the wrong message. "Heart and brain" flavor might be more palatable.

Yeah- I may have gotten another 2-3 votes if I left the 'Bile Flavor' off... me and my 'in-jokes'... a guy I knew would always burp really loud and then use an announcers voice to say 'Mmm- Now available in new BILE flavor!" Cracked me up, not everyone.

The legs were sort of a 'The Graduate' poster takeoff... in the original version MotorMouth was looking up at the girl like Dustin Hoffman looking at the leg.