Hash, Inc. Forums

Welcome to the A:M Forum! Introduce / Reintroduce Yourself

Rodney

Hi everbody.

I'm Mike. I'm not new to 3D modeling or animation, but am very new to Animation: Master. I've been aware of it for a long time, because an co-worker of mine was always raving about it. I wasn't really into 3D animation back then, so I didn't think much about it. Recently, I've wanted to dive into learning 3D modeling and animation so I can express ideas in my head, and otherwise tell stories that hopefully other people will like. 

I just requested a trial to see how I get along with it. So, hopefully that's approved and I can dig in and ultimately buy a license.

Look forward to learning and chatting with you all!

In case you're wondering, my forum name comes from a nickname I had in school with a few other students, because I used to drink it a lot. Glamorous, right? Real name is Mike. I answer to either.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hello (again) everyone!

My name is Sean Wall.  I've been playing with A:M since way, way back.  I was involved in a small way with the "Scarecrow of Oz" movie project too (texturing).  I've always wanted to be an animator since I was in my 20s, but real life always got in the way. Well, I'm in my 50s now but I still want to be an animator when I grow up! 😄

I've tried other 3D programs and while they're certainly nice and have lots of features, I keep coming back to A:M.  I think feature-wise it's got the most complete set of tools in one package without having to resort to plugins.  It makes me laugh how many 3D packages still don't offer lip-sync built in -- A:M had this *way* back!

Anyway, I just re-watched "Tin Woodman of Oz" and "Scarecrow of Oz" and it got me inspired to pick this up again and finally make something of my own.  I've always enjoyed the A:M community and I look forward to chatting with you folks again.  I'm also happy to see Martin has returned! He's hinted that maybe another movie project may happen?

Regardless, it's nice to be back! Good to see you all.

-Sean (CaptBobo)

• Hash Fellow
2 hours ago, CaptBobo said:

Thank you @robcat2075! At one point you were getting some sort of beginners class together (this is going back several years ago).  Anything come out of that?

I'm afraid the class had too many real-life things impeding their progress so we had to give it up. :(

I might try again in the future if there is interest.

• 5 months later...

Hi.  I'm Jim, and i'm back after about a decade.  I originally started with Playmation in the early 90's, and progressed through the various versions over the years.  When I retired I stopped sitting in front of a computer all day so I stopped playing around with it, but now I'm trying to get my grandson interested in it so I decided to reacquaint myself with the latest version.  I'm just a hobbyist and did some simple animations for our company, I'll have to track some down, in the meantime I'll check out the stuff you guys have been doing, and try my best to get a new animator on their way

Spoiler
Spoiler

• 7 months later...

Hi! I never introduced myself. Kinda shy.

I' m MadFox. Referring to the quick red fox jumps over the lazy brown dog.

Where shall I start. I'm a graduated academic free graphic design. That implicates working on etches, lithographic's (yes, that ancient stones) paintings.

http://home.kpn.nl/lo2kf8/homepage/gimli00.htm

After being passed the first year grade the question raised what I wanted to choose: the commercial degree, or the free graphic enhancement. Knowing myself I always had a bad angor against publicity. Not sure why, but it always felt to me as a lie to offer a product that's made to please a customer, but stands against my own moral. OK, whatever. So I choose the free graphics, and I must say.., sure it did'nt bring me much luck in profit sense. So as stubborn I was I kept on working, feeling like a fish tempting to swim against the current.

Now I'm much older now (graduated 1978) but there was one thing that stayed on my mind and that was there was also a film and movie education. But that direction was very expensive and had a high standard to access. 

Anyway. While doing so, it must be around 1995, I received a second hand 386computer from my brother. I was really stunned by the thing. So surprisingly when buying a sound card for it, I received three floppy's of Gold Disk, animation works. (Yes, they still had that feathers and goodies with their products).

https://archive.org/details/TNM_Animation_Works_software_-_Gold_Disk_20170827_0311

I was really raged! Here was my chance to get into animation. So I bought an Intuos Wacom drawbar and scribbled away for years. It was there I made TubeHead, the living monitor.

From then it went faster. There was CorelDraw4, with another movie studio, that was better and more convienent. Not limited to 256 colours, and more power to store animation and write out to avi format.

It must be around 2000 I was with a friend, who was tinkering with A:M v8. Again I was stunned. Now I could even change to 3d. Had not much money to spend (again, that free graphic artist was crumbling on its witzend) but from then I was stuck to this program in any way.

There I go, puzzling Gary Anderson''s Thunderbird's through heaven. ( seeing it used as an example on A:M movies for a queried film student. gimme back my copyrights., HA!).

Using it for wrecking out monsters for my beloved Quake game addiction.

And I must say, wouldn't it be for the love of the game, or for the expansion if my fantasy I would share this A:M programme 24 hours a day.

I'm still working on my graphis, painting and music. Just trying to avoid the magnet this program offers me.

Shine on, you passive spline!

😍

• Like 3

Tubehead was born the same time as Youtube. Then I felt as infantile when Teletubies reached me.

As Buster Keaton claims in his "Navigator" , where unawareness lives, bliss exists. 

I still find it hard to believe. GoldDisk uses cells, and I scribbled 6:59 minutes in TubeHead. 

That comes to 12600 cells in ten years time. I can hardly believe.

🙃

• 5 months later...

Testing, testing, is this thing on?

Gen Y here! My obsession with 3d animation began with the first time I saw Toy Story and was further fueled by repeat viewings of the show "Reboot" 

My brother and I borrowed a copy of version 12 from a friend. We used money from our summer job to purchase our own copy, around the time I signed up to this forum.

Hash was one of many tools I used in a vain attempts to craft my daydreams into reality. Unfortunately, teenager me had the attention span of a goldfish.

"So now you're back, from outer space!" 🕺

In 2020 I had a creative idea that I had to see through to completion. I imagined the old pre-rendered graphics from games like Myst. The idea was to make animations that "look old" and to get in the mood I dug out my copy of A:M, with the two aliens on the cover.

Over the past 3 years I have been launching Hashish again and again to render new ideas. It's sooo fun! Have a gander:

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 11:59 PM, Yopachi said:

Testing, testing, is this thing on?

Gen Y here! My obsession with 3d animation began with the first time I saw Toy Story and was further fueled by repeat viewings of the show "Reboot" 

My brother and I borrowed a copy of version 12 from a friend. We used money from our summer job to purchase our own copy, around the time I signed up to this forum.

Hash was one of many tools I used in a vain attempts to craft my daydreams into reality. Unfortunately, teenager me had the attention span of a goldfish.

"So now you're back, from outer space!" 🕺

In 2020 I had a creative idea that I had to see through to completion. I imagined the old pre-rendered graphics from games like Myst. The idea was to make animations that "look old" and to get in the mood I dug out my copy of A:M, with the two aliens on the cover.

Over the past 3 years I have been launching Hashish again and again to render new ideas. It's sooo fun! Have a gander:

Damn that was fun ;).

It really looks very close to those old CGI stuff from the early beginnings ;).

Best regards
*Fuchur*

• clap 1