Hash, Inc. Forums

Subscription Activation/Renewal

Rodney

• Admin
Another question: is it possible to buy say two or three years subscription in advance? :-)

Well, technically... ;)

(Why do I always get involved in these things)

Let us assume that you purchase three A:M subscriptions today.

You install and activate one today.

You wait a year and then install and activate the second.

You wait 15 years and then install and activate the third.

You were in effect subscribed for one (or three) years but extended those subscriptions to 15.

In theory... ahem... IN THEORY... we can buy THOUSANDS of years of A:M subscription in advance. But that is where the theoretical meets reality.

When and where technology (and other constraints) arrive, changes to the current method/scheme of installation and activation also come into play.

What if a better way to do business arrives tomorrow... what of the inferior yet comfortable ways of today?

There is no guarantee of future activation beyond today... but once activated a subscription to A:M is good for one year from the date of that activation.

Barring the end of the world, etc. etc.

As we cannot predict the future we can only make educated guesses but we can speculate that the current activation methodology used today will change in both small and significant ways.

The underlying reason why subscriptions for more than one year aren't offered is because of this potential for technological change.

Hash Inc can't predict the future either although, just as we can, they can anticipate and plan for foreseeable change.

Disclosure: I didn't wait to resubscribe last year. I resubscribed with about 6 months remaining.

The downside... I paid a little more than necessary... the upside... the subscription that would have run out a few days ago is still six months away.

I also figured Hash Inc could use the extra cash to build a better the future with us as the beneficiaries.

Yes, I'm a bit selfish that way.

I have 14 days remaining on my current subscription. If I buy a new one year subscription and register today, will they be added to the new subscription, or should I wait the 2 weeks before renewing? Another question: is it possible to buy say two or three years subscription in advance? :-)

Buying in advanced form the store is not a good idea. The store only holds the current versions activation codes so if you bought 3 today you would get 3 codes for v18.0 if you email use either at support@hash.com or orders@hash.com we can setthat up for you.

if you do buy form the store we can move the codes over to the new version when it comes out also, but once again it would take you emailing us.

...figured Hash Inc could use the extra cash to build a better the future with us as the beneficiaries...

So much agree! And I allready have renewed, with the 2 week overlap - even if it is not nearly as generous as your 6 months...:-)

My thought with the 2 year subscription was a bit in the same vein: that it might benefit the development/continuation of the best 3D software ever made!