Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My new site

jason1025

Hello fellow Hashers.

I have invested $24k so far into my invention. I didn't hire anyone. I created everything from designing an patenting the product to programing the site to writing, shooting, directing, editing and special Effects for the infomercial. It has been more work then I could ever imagine. It took me a year to complete.

I want my fellow hashers to check it out and give me some feed back.

Also just in case you want to purchase, I cant allow my friends here to pay full price so below is a special password protected discount page just for you.

I am now offering

Lightdims for free for a limited time.

http://www.lightdims.com

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Jason. Very slick and professional.

In my estimation the product would work well at a point of sale location near a checkout counter.

Going from nothing to http://www.lightdims.com/ in one year all by yourself is very impressive.

Thanks Rodney

I completely agree. I plan to whole sale the product to ma and pop electronic stores around the country. I think if they have the infomercial playing on a small screen by the check out people may just purchase them right then and there.

P.S. Please fallow me on youtube and like me on Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center...r=shadesforleds

http://www.facebook.com/pages/LightDims/188325764522464

Thanks Rob

Its been a year of extremely hard work and tears. And I am not done yet. Thanks to all of you who helped me in the forum with cg support for the infomercial.

I am really impressed with what AM was able to do. Most people think those are real LED's falling in the video. Nope thats all AM.

Thanks I really appreciate it. It has been more work and money then I ever thought. Luckily sales are coming in and I have not officially launched. I have a an entire viral video campaign that I will release when the site is done. So far with minimal advertising and about 140 views on youtube things are going well.

I invented the product out of necessity. Not really to make money. I don't consider Lightdims a novelty. They really work. I needed to have something that was classy yet functional and couldn't find anything out there so I invented and patented it. Going from idea to actual product in all the various stages like videos website, and so on is a large amount of time and effort to say the least.

I appreciate those of you taking interest and purchasing the product. You will not be disappointed. I kind of feel bad because so many people tell me "they never bothered me until you pointed them out" The truth is they did bother you, and they cause problems with sleep. You just tried to deal with it and beried the irritation into your subconscious.

Not to mention the excess amounts of radiation the blue LED's put out. The LightDims material actually drops the radiation level.

I am really impressed with what AM was able to do. Most people think those are real LED's falling in the video. Nope thats all AM.

How did you do that?

Newton dynamics. Very simple actually. I think there are numerous tutorials on forum. Its kind of interesting because Newton works so well it actually looks to real. In hind site I would have slowed it down a little.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I dislike Infomercials, I think your use of animation and CG effects is quite effective. All the more commendable that you did it all yourself.

I haven't noticed problems with LEDs, but now I'll be on the lookout.

I had a quick look, and a couple things about your website bothered me, though:

• The huge text block of white-type-on-dark-background on the splash page is irritating and hard to read.
  • It would be more attractive and legible if broken into several paragraphs of shorter sentences. Maybe try an unordered list (like this one).
  • Needs proofreading -- there's a typo in the third sentence (how old your are) and a few others.
  • I question using "radiation" in your pitch. Yes, light and heat are forms of radiation, but in the ad context, it suggests something more harmful -- and apparently unproven.
  • Looking for info on LED radiation, I found this website: http://texyt.com/bright+blue+leds+annoyance+health+risks . Its content suggests another reason for using your product -- if you haven't already mentioned it.

Best of luck with your product launch!

As much as I dislike Infomercials, I think your use of animation and CG effects is quite effective. All the more commendable that you did it all yourself.

I haven't noticed problems with LEDs, but now I'll be on the lookout.

I had a quick look, and a couple things about your website bothered me, though:

• The huge text block of white-type-on-dark-background on the splash page is irritating and hard to read.
  • It would be more attractive and legible if broken into several paragraphs of shorter sentences. Maybe try an unordered list (like this one).
  • Needs proofreading -- there's a typo in the third sentence (how old your are) and a few others.
  • I question using "radiation" in your pitch. Yes, light and heat are forms of radiation, but in the ad context, it suggests something more harmful -- and apparently unproven.
  • Looking for info on LED radiation, I found this website: http://texyt.com/bright+blue+leds+annoyance+health+risks . Its content suggests another reason for using your product -- if you haven't already mentioned it.

Best of luck with your product launch!

Thanks for the info. I agree, and am working on it. Out of all my strengths grammer is not one of them

I made the text a little brighter. The problem with the unordered list is it pushes the rest of the page too far down. To be honest most people don't read and the text is there for search engines.

Most people are picture drive. This is why most restaurants have pictures and people order food by saying I want that and point. Thanks again for the advice.

If you are one of these people you probably don't see the point to Lightdims.

Have dark eyes

under 30 yrs old

dont wear glasses

have not had eye surgery of any kind.

don't have trouble sleeping

If you are not represented in the list above, than you may really like LightDims.

P.S. is about 1 week I am putting up a try it for free button, just pay shipping and processing. This will give people hit hard by the economy the chance to order without impacting their budget.

Thanks again for the compliment on the CG.

Between me and my Hash community friends, I have put so many hours into this whole thing, when I look back at journey I almost break down and cry. Why you ask? It is stressful!

It was so easy for me to criticize others in their endevers but trying to go from imagination to reality is truly outside my comfort zone.

A wise person once told me "Anything worth doing is outside your comfort zone"

Lightdims is trickling in orders. But I am a ways away from the 24k I invested. But even if Lightdims fails to reach people like me who see a need for this product, I take solace in the line that Jack Nicklson said from ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST.

"Well at least I tried God dam it"

I made the text a little brighter. The problem with the unordered list is it pushes the rest of the page too far down. To be honest most people don't read and the text is there for search engines.

Most people are picture drive. This is why most restaurants have pictures and people order food by saying I want that and point. Thanks again for the advice.

If you are one of these people you probably don't see the point to Lightdims.

Have dark eyes

under 30 yrs old

dont wear glasses

have not had eye surgery of any kind.

don't have trouble sleeping

If you are not represented in the list above, than you may really like LightDims.

P.S. is about 1 week I am putting up a try it for free button, just pay shipping and processing. This will give people hit hard by the economy the chance to order without impacting their budget.

Thanks again for the compliment on the CG.

Between me and my Hash community friends, I have put so many hours into this whole thing, when I look back at journey I almost break down and cry. Why you ask? It is stressful!

It was so easy for me to criticize others in their endevers but trying to go from imagination to reality is truly outside my comfort zone.

A wise person once told me "Anything worth doing is outside your comfort zone"

Lightdims is trickling in orders. But I am a ways away from the 24k I invested. But even if Lightdims fails to reach people like me who see a need for this product, I take solace in the line that Jack Nicklson said from ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST.

"Well at least I tried God dam it"

Jason:

I hope you realize that any criticism I made was meant to be constructive. I really admire what you accomplished and wish you every success.

Well... the only item on your list that I'm not is having had eye surgery. But like I said, I'm more aware of the possible problems with LEDs now -- and now I know how to fix it.

yes I did. I didn't take any offense. I was just venting. I actually appreciated that you took the time to give me your suggestions. I think I am going to break the solid text into two columns.

Thanks again.