Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Stroke

TheSpleen

Late Sunday night I lost complete control of my right leg and arm.After alot of falling and injuring myself I made it to the phone to call 911.

I been in hospital up until tonight. No permanent damage and I have regained use of my extremeties again.

Close call but I survived.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad your okay .. what makes it even stranger is a fellow employee had what he said turned out to be a severe muscle spasm which reacted close to what you had came back from lunch to see him being carted out by the rsecue team he was back at work again.

Late Sunday night I lost complete control of my right leg and arm.After alot of falling and injuring myself I made it to the phone to call 911.

I been in hospital up until tonight. No permanent damage and I have regained use of my extremeties again.

Follow up ! what type of stroke Ischemic or hemorrhagic? get checked out monitor your blood presure frequently (go to a pharmacy they usually have one self test unit) Do you smoke? if yes this is a major wakeup call!!! how much caffine do you intake? what is your blood presure? ask the doctor if you should be on a blood thinner. cholesteral level? and lots more to find out

Sorry just the nursing student in me

Wishing you a full recovery, Gene.

A friend of mine had a stroke a couple of years ago which left him paralized on his right side. Everyone encouraged him to pick up his guitar and forced a jam session on him every Thursday evening. He now plays quite regularly and most symptoms of his stroke have vanished. Take your time but keep focused on recovery. Cut out the crap and balance your life.

Follow up ! what type of stroke Ischemic or hemorrhagic? get checked out monitor your blood presure frequently (go to a pharmacy they usually have one self test unit) Do you smoke? if yes this is a major wakeup call!!! how much caffine do you intake? what is your blood presure? ask the doctor if you should be on a blood thinner. cholesteral level? and lots more to find out

Sorry just the nursing student in me

Neurology said it was lack of blood to brain not a bloodclot.

one of my arteries to brain is 100% closed the other 4 are at 60%

He said too dangerous to operate now but will be watching it.

Neurology said it was lack of blood to brain not a bloodclot.

one of my arteries to brain is 100% closed the other 4 are at 60%

He said too dangerous to operate now but will be watching it.

Quite a scare. It's a relief that you've recovered a bit, but there's still stuff that has to be watched and dealt with. I hope they get it all figured out and you're back to industrial strength soon.