Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A Few Things I have done ...

Hey everyone,

I have about 6 weeks left in my first year at the Cleveland Institute of Art and have recently started using Animation Master pretty heavily again.

I'd like to share some of my projects.

My first project using was re-purposing or increasing the aesthetic qualities of some object for my 3D design course.

I used AM for previsualization (helping me better understand aesthetic and ergonomic variations) and then crafted the final object with wood.

My next project was to make a game of some sort.

I choose to make a board game. Again AM was used to previsualize the game and settle on a final aesthetic theme before sending the objects and images to be printed / produced. When pitching ideas having 3D renderings is invaluable.

The last project I am going to share with you is a short exercise assignment for my Integrated Media course.

The prompt was "Out of Time"

I spent about 4-5 hours tonight (about 7 with editing and rendering) in AM creating a simple environment in which two variations of the Thom character tell a quick story. The film is supposed to be in the style of older silent films.

I hope you enjoy. Any comments or crits are very welcome and I hope to be able to share more uses of AM in the future. (I am making "documentary" currently, so we will see how that turns out)

Thanks for your time,

Ben

ThermosMug.jpg

photo.jpg

testboard0.jpg

BhorvatGame__2_.JPG

Uncapped.JPG

Thermmosmug2.jpg

Greatest.mov

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use some odd form of mpeg 2 compression that has great quality and file size. I play with vlc media player. It's a free player that plays ANYTHING

Odd is not good if you want the most people to see what you're doing. 20Mb seems a large file size. Many, including myself will not bother to jump thru hoops downloading, installing new software, unless they know, really know their life will be changed forever. And not by getting some malware, maybe mess up some other stuff installed.

I will probably download VLC at some point.

I repeat: Nice, nice work!