Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Color channels less than zero

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I'm wanting to change the color of a group on a model, in the chor. When i click on the color chip no color i set gets accepted and the RGB channels for the color do not resemble the values shown in the color picker. The red and green are actually below zero.

Is there a good reason these are not corresponding to the color picker? I dimly recall seeing something like this a long time ago but don't recall if it was intended or not.

ColorChannels.JPG

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

After some backtracking through the previous versions of this PRJ (there's only 378 of them) I find that the problem surfaces after I added second chor action to Shaggy.

If that chor action has the green "active" check mark next to it when i try to change the color on a group i get the odd result.

If I have the original chor action active when i try to make the change I get normal behavior.

The second chor action was set to "Add"

So this probably isn't a "bug" as much as A:M trying to accommodate two competing influences on the same element.

• Hash Fellow
So both of your Actions are trying to manipulate the color of that same group of patches? Why not just do that in a Pose?

No, only the first chor action "needed" to change the color.

However, when you "show more than drivers" to see "Groups" and then try to set a color there, it makes a difference whether chor action 1 or 2 is active even though you're not clicking on anything in either one.

After you set that group color a channel representing what you have done also gets created in the chor action that was active.

I didn't make a Pose to change the color since I didn't want to save a new version of the character to preserve the pose. Changing the color in the chor avoids altering the character file.

OK, I understand now.

I have had other issues with the "active chor" thing. My issues weren't bugs though. Sometimes I forget to choose the appropriate chor action before I make a change, so the channels are not created in the right action, which can really mess things up at times.

... kinda like forgetting to re-activate the Animate button.