• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To try... on your Options>Global tab... disable "Don't disable Aero on startup"

That's a triple negative!

Well here's a screen of my global options screen. This is v16 rc and I don't have anything about disable areo. This is the 32 bit version. The 64 bit version doesn't have the option either.

options.jpg

No. AM has always done this on all my machines. Anytime I use OpenGL this happens. I've tried many settings and nothing fixes it. Like I said it's no biggie cause I can use it with DirectX but the image is nearly as smooth or fast as OpenGL. I would prefer to figure this out and use OpenGL but if there is no fix I'll just carry on as usual.

Do you have "Disable Desktop Composition" checked in your Compatibilities tab inthe Properties for the A:M icon?

Where is this again?

On my work PC I have video card issues new to V16 that will amaze you... I've been chasing drivers and fiddling with settings and 'living with it' for months now... usually a save-restart gets me going again, but for how long...? That is on my WinXP64 Nividea Quadro FX 3500.I've updated the driver, updated OpenGL even. A:M 64 is much worse- but the 32 is bad too. I'll take any lead I can get. Maybe I'll do a screen capture for the forums entertainment.

• Hash Fellow
Do you have "Disable Desktop Composition" checked in your Compatibilities tab inthe Properties for the A:M icon?

Where is this again?

On my work PC I have video card issues new to V16 that will amaze you... I've been chasing drivers and fiddling with settings and 'living with it' for months now... usually a save-restart gets me going again, but for how long...? That is on my WinXP64 Nividea Quadro FX 3500.I've updated the driver, updated OpenGL even. A:M 64 is much worse- but the 32 is bad too. I'll take any lead I can get. Maybe I'll do a screen capture for the forums entertainment.

RMB on the icon on your desktop for A:M and choose "Properties".

Anecdotally, it sounds like people have more trouble with the "Quadro" cards than any other.

• Hash Fellow
Mine isn't a Quadro card. I use GeForce cards and still have the problem. The 32bit version running OpenGL doesn't seem to have this issue but it does tend to crash more often.

As always, if you can repeat it, AMReport it.