Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
robcat2075

How to key four selected User Properties?

Is there a way to key only selected User Properties?

Suppose I have many User Properties (Pose sliders) on my character but at the moment only wish to key four.

I can select them in the PWS, but keying Poses is only available when "Key Model" is active so if I press Force Key I get keys on all my sliders ( as happened at 18:18 here) rather than just the four I have selected. The set of four that are keyd a few frames earlier were keyed by selecting each on individually in the Pose window and hitting return

UserPropKeys.JPG

keying Poses is not available when "Key Bone" is selected, so they can't be keyed in selected groups like bones can. It seems.

I've been thinking about a solution for something similar, but it would require setting up some Smartskin controls in the character...which means you would have to know what Poses you would want to key as a group.

What I'm thinking of doing is making a key all Poses control (at least things like arms, legs, hands, face, etc) for the Squetch Rig...since the Poses switch from FK to IK, it would also key all control bones.

Hope that helps, Robert.

What I really want to be able to do is CTRL-select and key those User Props like I can bones. That would be the logical thing.

Is there any reason to prevent that?

What I really want to be able to do is CTRL-select and key those User Props like I can bones. That would be the logical thing.

No reason I can think of...but that would be something for Steffen.

Can you make a filter group for the poses you want to isolate? If you can, you can just click in the window in channel view and make keyframes. Not exactly as convenient as what you describe though.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this