Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bones not moving in Choreography window

bubba

I have imported several models into the chor window. I aligned them while in chor mode. When I switched to model mode they were out of alignment, so I moved them. But when I switched back to chor mode the bones had not moved. So I had to spend a lot of time repositioning them. Does anyone know why the bones didn't move?

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

What you do in the chor does not change the model. That is by design and intentional.

If you want to change a model, edit it in the model window and resave (prefereably with a new filename).

What part of that is not working?

I have imported several models into the chor window.

OK

I aligned them while in chor mode.

So you placed them where you wanted them in the Choreography.

When I switched to model mode they were out of alignment,

While you *can* enter Modeling Mode while in a Chor, and in some cases it is really handy to do so, I would suggest that if you want to change the model, just go back to the Model window, like Robcat suggested, and make your changes there.

so I moved them.

OK, so you modified your original model, while in the Chor, by entering Model Mode and making some changes.

But when I switched back to chor mode the bones had not moved.

This is because when you are in Choreography Mode, the bones take their transform directions from the Channels in the Choreography, not from the original position of the bones in the model. If you want to reset the position of the bones of the model in the Chor back to their original values, either delete all the channels for those bones in the Chor, or set all the transform/rotate/scale properties to "0".