Hash, Inc. Forums

Moving Bones to create Action

bubba

Maybe because it's a genuine AM report thing and not new-guy-doesn't-know-what-he's-doing :)

But how do I know when it is a A:M report thing and not just me screwing up? If it is a genuine problem I would have thought that either Rodney or Yoda64 would have stepped in.

• Hash Fellow
But how do I know when it is a A:M report thing and not just me screwing up?

You don't, no one does until it gets looked at a bit. Starting it in Newbies was fine.

Here's something to try...

start a new PRJ in v16

start a new model

create a chain of two bones and add a third bone that isn't a child of those two

make a new Pose and create the constraint to Kinematic constrain the two-bone chain to the third bone. CLose the Pose window

got back to the model window and turn the pose ON in the properties window

Drop the model in a new chor

do the two bones follow the third bone when you drag it?

If not, save the PRJ and reload it. Do they follow now?

Then if it still doesn't, start from the top and do it in v15. Tell us what happens.

This is all stuff you've done before, you're just making the simplest possible test case to exclude as many other elements as possible.

• Hash Fellow

They both work when i load then into v16, but since this doesn't work for you in v16 I'd say there's something wrong with the v16 mac version.

Make a movie that shows you doing the whole test in v16 beginning with building the bones, then doing the constraint, all the way to trying it in the chor. You dont' really need any boxes to go with it, just the bones will do.

use a bone for the target instead of a null and when you build them -place the third bone so it looks like it's on the tip of the chain, just like it would be on a leg.

make that movie and that will be good for AMReports

• Developer

Yes , but the bug was much more in the deep (matrix library) and has much sideeffects.

Has todo with different overloading on the mac (different behavior for gcc and VS) for some classes .

Once you get your two IK legs rigged you can animate a walk like this...

Robcat2075 - I have started to animate a walk as you did in your video. I am still working with the contact poses. Something strange is happening. I am in the right-hand view (like you) and am sliding the feet along. Reviewing it in this position, everything looks fine. But, head-on, my model is starting to lean to the right. I noticed that that did not happen with yours.