Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Back From the Dentist

Hello!

Since the contest deadline is past, I will now post the WIP for my entry, Back from the Dentist.

The idea originated from a doodle of mine.

Progression in chronological order.

WIP

post-11793-1296937609_thumb.jpg

post-11793-1296937646_thumb.png

This is from a frame of a quick animation I did. I will post later.

post-11793-1296937701_thumb.jpg

Final

post-11793-1296937735_thumb.jpg

I hope I am allowed to post this now, if not, feel free to delete!

Photoman

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Hehe. Very nice!

You should have him make one of those crazy attempts to smile with braces.

Right now he just looks afraid. (which I assume will work well with your animation)

Fun character. :)

Added (aplogies if you aren't looking for this type of feedback):

Design-wise I think it would be really cool if you could get the A:M banner onto the skateboard.

Of course I realize it would be almost impossible to show the wheels and the banner at the same time... Hmmm.... not sure.

Perhaps the logo is printed on both sides or the the top side remains a mystery. (except in 3D turnaround which would then reveal it)

For an alternative theme (not really suggesting this... just exploring your imagery) You could depict the aftermath of a skateboard crash.

Well worn skateboard upright but held with left hand. (a wheel might be missing or show elsewhere on the ground)

A:M Logo on the skateboard.

Big toothy grin with missing front tooth/teeth. (The Dentist will replace those later)

Just another day in the life for this monster/kid.

(Note: I would be tempted to shorten the legs just a little bit to ramp up the kid-appeal. Right now there is a little too much symmetry and equal distances in him.)

The underlying idea: If seen on the wall in a Dentist office I wouldn't be able to look away from this empathetically fascinating character.

With this in mind I'd exaggerate everything I could... little bag with huge toothbrush... impossibly small skateboard... etc. etc.

Give the images some interesting eyecandy to read... consider timing yourself as you look around to the various parts of the image.

How long does it take you to deplete/exhaust the ideas represented there? Are you left with an urge to reenter the scene and look for something else?

Would a kid look forward to seeing this crazy image on repeated visits to the Dentist?

As I said... this is a fun image.

I look forward to your animation! :)