Hash, Inc. Forums

HomeSlice's Video Tutorials

HomeSlice

I finally uploaded the movies of my rigging tutorials for download. It costs me a little bit of money to provide these large files for download, so to download them costs $2 each.

Building a basic animation rig from scratch, Part 1

https://files.dreamhost.com/131465/really_s...e_rig_part1.flv

Building a basic animation rig from scratch, Part 2

https://files.dreamhost.com/131466/really_s...e_rig_part2.flv

Building a Hand Gizmo from scratch, Part 1

https://files.dreamhost.com/131467/simple_h...gizmo_part1.flv

Building a Hand Gizmo from scratch, Part 2

https://files.dreamhost.com/131468/simple_h...gizmo_part2.flv

Excellent! Thanks - these are the best ! Highly recommend. Lots of tips, tricks, presented at a good pace, clear explanation of general rigging as well as more advanced concepts.

I already had the gizmo part 1 & 2 and rig part 1, but the rig part2 had been a problem to grab previously. So I finally was sucessful in downloading it, & now life is complete once again!

thanks Holmes, I will be grabbing these shortly!

EDIT: hey Im trying to buy these but it appears I can only purchase one at a time?? I'll try again.

EDIT2: Am I missing something? I purchased the first file but can't seem to find a download link. Nancy, how did you download it?

EDIT2: Am I missing something? I purchased the first file but can't seem to find a download link. Nancy, how did you download it?

I only downloaded one file, the 2nd part of rigging flv. I already had the others as I had grabbed them at some point when they were available somewhere else.

As for Dreamhost, there was a link on the page I was directed to after I paid. The link said "download this file now".

thanks Holmes, I will be grabbing these shortly!

EDIT: hey Im trying to buy these but it appears I can only purchase one at a time?? I'll try again.

Gerry, if you can't download the video/videos, email me.

What error are you getting when you try to purchase more than one file? Are you able to add more than one file to your shopping cart?

Gerry, if you can't download the video/videos, email me.

What error are you getting when you try to purchase more than one file? Are you able to add more than one file to your shopping cart?

Okay, it's working a little differently now. Yesterday, when I went to the "my files" page it showed my a list with the one item I'd purchased. When I hovered, I got a popup that said "download, share or purchase" or something like that, but when I clicked on it I went to the sales page with an error message that I'd forgotten to enter a name for sharing, which is not what I wanted to do.

Today doing the same thing I did get a download link, so that seems to be working now.

But when I try to put more than one item in my cart I don't see any option or link to "continue shopping" or to add more items. I understand the site is still in beta so I may wait before i try to get the others. Doing four separate transactions of two bucks each seems a little unwieldy.

There isn't any kind of store front, so it wouldn't know where to send you if you clicked on a "continue shopping" link. But it would be nice if there was a page that listed all the files I had uploaded.

BUT if you just visit each of the links I posted above and click on the "Add To Shopping Cart" button on each page, you will see that your shopping cart (visible in the left column) updates with the new addition(s). At least it does in FireFox.

cart.jpg

I'll try that. Each time I click a link here it opens an additional window with a separate shopping cart I think. But I'll try it again and see what happens.

EDIT: Ho-kay, that worked just fine. I got them all but I'm going to download them at home. My Adobe Media Player at work is busted.