Hash, Inc. Forums

The Jiggle Thread

brainmuffin

The initial test with a dynamic constraint:

A simple model with one large uh... mass... attached to another mass. I applied a dynamic constraint in an action and played with settings til I found the ones pictured:

post-2085-1296098496_thumb.jpg

Here are two vids of the constraint in action:

testB.mov

testc.mov

I think this would work for many situations, but I still want to experiment with cloth. Just don't know how to get only part of a model to be cloth...

I think this would work for many situations, but I still want to experiment with cloth. Just don't know how to get only part of a model to be cloth...

Very good...GREAT! Look forward to more.

Cloth material is applied to groups... if you want (like) the bottom half of a shirt to be cloth and the top to not be cloth- make them 2 different groups, apply the cloth material to the one you want cloth.

ok I am trying this out....how do I add a dynamic constraint to a bone? (figured it was in action option)

frequency and dampening I am not getting

You can do it in an action or a pose. Right click the bone, new constraint, dynamic constraint.

ok I am trying this out....how do I add a dynamic constraint to a bone? (figured it was in action option)

frequency and dampening I am not getting

You can do it in an action or a pose. Right click the bone, new constraint, dynamic constraint.

I still dont get the dampening and frequency options

zzaUntitled.jpg

a mov file is in other post

Yeah, I have 'show advanced properties' turned on. didn't think of it. That's one of those things I set as soon as I install A:M & promptly forget about it...

I am a noob still

Your like Einstein and I am Jerry Lewis

I think you've already done more with the software than I have... I've mostly just tinkered...

The initial test with a dynamic constraint:

A simple model with one large uh... mass... attached to another mass. I applied a dynamic constraint in an action and played with settings til I found the ones pictured:

boobtest1.jpg

Here are two vids of the constraint in action:

testB.mov

testc.mov

Don't know if you've looked and know about it already but in the Extras DVD > Tutorials > Yves Collected Tutorials, there are two short vids of some of Hunter's bones called "BoobBones Layout" and "ButBones Layout". Sadly there's no explanation to go with the vids.

But in the BoobBones one there is a smaller bone attached to the base of the main breast bone. Which appears to be there to give the breast a more linear vertical movement rather than the "mass" (as you so delicately put it), just following an arc as the breast bone pivots at its base.

So what were the settings in the dynamic controls did you use to get those results... If you set the "Target" to "springs"......where/ what did you set to get that natural response? Were you using one bone or a chain?

He gave a screenshot of the settings.

It has to be done in an action. (which is nice for ease of use)

Is the extras dvd available online anywhere? I can't find mine, and I'd like to get a look at those videos before I rig the chibi...

Sorry you can't find your Extras DVD but when you do, in the same folder as the Hunter vids are two .mht files called "Lag Constraints" that might also be of interest. The links in them to the example vids though no longer work.

Be careful when you finally rig Chibi, she could have somebody's eye out with those....!