Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

trying to model a cartoon monkey

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a monkey image on internet and trying to replicate what I saw ....so far seems to working ...the hands and feet will be the next really hard part I think ..and a few small detail like the nose holes etc. Not sure about becoming a modeler but figured I should try again...

got a body and start of arms and legs ..no tail yet also did a quick "color" version..body needs shaping but will wait to hands and feet and tail are in place thanks for the comments

new2sw0.png

new2c0.png

Now to tweak shape and many a few details then rig and get the right look. I thinking of rigging legs and feet as second set of arms/hands since they will be used different then regular legs

new4wc0.png

new4c0.png

any ideas welcome on model rigging etc

Now to tweak shape and many a few details then rig and get the right look. I thinking of rigging legs and feet as second set of arms/hands since they will be used different then regular legs

new4wc0.png

new4c0.png

any ideas welcome on model rigging etc

I would approach the legs/feet as normal legs with hands on the end...then tweak the fingers to move like toes as well.

The legs will probably be easier to rig if they are not as widely spread. All that is necessary is that no part of the legs touch, which isn't even a requirement, it just makes it easier to select the right CPs when assigning bones and weighting.

I have never modeled the hands facing forward like that. I have always modeled them with the palms facing down, but I guess the way you modeled them would be fine.

Any suggestions on which rig to use on this ....an area that usually take awhile at least for me

new7c0.png

now with a little color

I think you should use TSM2. The Squetch Rig has some add-ons for hand-like feet and tail, but the installation tutorials aren't out yet and you would have to know more than if you used TSM2.

Played a little with the TSM and rigging decided will need a little more time than I have in one evening will also have to add a few more things to the model so he can blink his eyes and get a mouth control but for your enjoyment from this rough attempt here is something to watch

1stattempttorigwithtsm.mov

simple action repeated 3 times while rotating model which will explain the jerking

wiggling some bones into place with the rig not as easy as I remember ................................... found out what I was doing wrong getting close now